New User, First Post

Hello everybody! First day on Endeavor OS and some friendly people over at the Endeavor Reddit helped me through my first hours on the OS. Much appreciated and hopefully a sign of the kind of community I’m seeking with Linux.

I haven’t searched the posts yet so I won’t start asking a ton of questions (but there are a bunch!). I have very little experience with Arch based distros (the only other I had was instantOS and they were also a very awesome community).

Anyhow, I am aiming to use EOS as my daily for my work as a Sr Sys Analyst (pfff, in a Windows environment :unamused:). I rely primarily on web based apps save for a few like Remote Desktop Manager Free (Devolutions) and UltraList for my task management.

The only struggle right now is learning how to manage my system settings without a system settings app hahaha!

Thanks for reading of you made it this far. I can’t wait to learn a lot more with your support!

20 Likes

Welcome to Endeavouros forum + :pray: for try Endeavouros

5 Likes

Welcome! :partying_face:

Don’t hesitate to ask questions, there’s plenty of help around.
Especially when it comes to a noble goal of dropping Windows!!! :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

welcome

5 Likes

Welcome @zamostny

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, @zamostny ! :enos_flag: :enos:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @zamostny :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

2 Likes

Hello, @zamostny, very nice to meet you! :wave: :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Hello, and welcome

3 Likes

Welcome to Endeavour OS :enos:
Have fun! :rocket:

3 Likes

Welcome to EndeavourOS! As for System Settings apps - that depends on which Desktop Environment you choose - most of them have one (or more!). If you have questions about a setting you would LIKE to make, answers are here…

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Awesome, welcome aboard and don’t hesitate to ask! :enos: :enos_flag: :wave:

4 Likes

there is fantastic one installed already:

So welcome to your endeavour here at the purple side of Linux! :enos_flag:

8 Likes

I chose i3 as I highly enjoyed my instantOS experience through their own window manager.

1 Like

welcome aboard

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

2 Likes

Guessing this is a “hey, use the terminal” reply lol. Thanks though. I am learning still :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome! Good to have you with us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! :smile:

Terminal (and related tools) is a very powerful tool but the learning curve may be a bit steep.
And that’s also where this forum can help you a lot!

As you’ve probably noticed already, our wiki is also a great source of information.

2 Likes