New installation of EndeavourOS

After loading the new ISO the keyboard is not working!
I am using a Cepter labtop with a AMD Ryzen 7, trying to install the XFCE desktop.
I tried the old Iso, keyboard was working - until first update - then again no working keyboard!
I have just tried the new Manjaro ISO - same result, any others have encountered this problem?
2 older labtops are running EndeavourOS as well, and dooing fine with 2 and 4 years, with regular updating, they experience no problems!

Welcome to the forum! :smile:

Have you tried and external (wired) keyboard?
The problem can be caused by many factors, so better try to narrow it down as much as possible.

Yes I did indeed try that, but with no luck!

It might be a hardware problem. If you have Windows on the machine, does the keyboard work in it?

Yes it works in Windows, and in the previous edition of the Installer ISO, but first update kill the keyboard!
I am writing this on a 2 year old Lenovo Legion, and here everything works just fine, now with daily updates.
No sorry I will try again and be more vigilent!

Can you pinpoint which update caused the issue?
In /var/log/pacman.log you’ll see all package management actions.

If you find the update, then it is possible to downgrade the package (until it will be fixed).

Thanks a lot I will try! :grinning:

1 Like

I am Sorry, that did not work very well, this is what happened after a reinstall of Casini:

1- time 1. reboot Keyboard still working

updating !!
Tried installing a few packeges.
no updates error in packages, but problems with thrust.
so:
sudo pacman -Sy endeavouros-keyring
Reinstalling Keyring

Deleted keyring after multiple errors
Reinstalling Keyring

Do still not upgrade system due to broken thrust with ca. 5 programs.
trying manual sudo pacman -Syu

(436/436) checking keys in keyring [--------------------------------------] 100%
(436/436) checking package integrity [--------------------------------------] 100%
error: libx11: signature from “Laurent Carlier lordheavym@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libx11-1.8.7-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: vulkan-icd-loader: signature from “Laurent Carlier lordheavym@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/vulkan-icd-loader-1.3.274-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: vulkan-headers: signature from “Laurent Carlier lordheavym@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/vulkan-headers-1:1.3.274-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libxpm: signature from “Laurent Carlier lordheavym@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libxpm-3.5.17-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
[ken@ken-ccloud15r7 ~]$

Performing Welcomes Eos-update !
No errors this way

test Keyboard still working after eos-update !! This is progress, trying a reboot

After eos-update and reboot !

Keybord not working again!!

Casini is an older ISO you should switch to the Newer Galileo

3 Likes

If you did offline install, can you try online install?

Also, you could show some log files when you have a working install.
Something like:

inxi -Fza | eos-sendlog

and then, right after updating the system but before reboot:

cat /var/log/pacman.log | eos-sendlog

and show the outputs here.

With online install it ends up like the Galileo install – No Working Keyboard!
So its not possible for me to enter Username and Password Halfway through the install procedure! :frowning:
Here are some logs, sorry I cant enter the inxi command without a working keyboard!
Calamares.log.pdf (276.4 KB)
endeavour-install.log.pdf (265.7 KB)
pacman evening.pdf (56.5 KB)
pacman mording.pdf (27.3 KB)

use the eos-log-tool and send to the internet instead of creating a file that no one will probably want to open considering they know nothing about you.

then post the links here

2 Likes

Sorry it took a long time.
Here are the eos-sendlog:
eos-sendlog.log.pdf (16.9 KB)
It seems it sent it to pasterbinn!

Here are the output prom inxi -Fza:
eos-log.pdf (28.5 KB)
and the pacman log
pacman.log.pdf (93.6 KB)

I can’t seem to find head or tail in that information overload!!
Thanks a lot for all your effort :slight_smile:

Please show the pastebin URLs only. PDF or pictures are not recommended formats, use plain text instead.

Ok will do next time I see a pasterbin address!
In the meantime I have installed the old LTS Kernel.
Now the keyboard actually works - somewhat!!
Now any key-press results in 10-11 repeated occurrences of every key - and off course bash don’t understand any of that!! ;-(
The problem isn’t only for EndeavourOS, It is in all Arch derivatives and Debians too!
So it must be the Kernel or the firmware associated with this kernel.!
Maybee I can tweek the repeatrate of the keypress or the latency before repetition!
Thanks a lot for all your time and feedback on this problem of mine.