Installed from latest iso using online install, KDE Plasma, on a T480 laptop. It has 512GB ssd, 1920z1080 14" fhd screen. I faced following problems -
- the systemd-boot screen and initial boot messages are all in FHD so very tiny. e,g. the boot menu takes up a quarter of screen in center. Can this be fixed?
- on initial boot I tried to change display scale but had no effect. seems to work after reboot only, or maybe just need login/logout? how do I restart plasma from terminal? I remember reading something like killall plasma etc but not sure if thats what I should do
- There is no system monitor. ‘which ksysguard’ says not found. Default install, ran yay, nothing changed. had to get htop to see cpu
- same as 2, changing fonts requires reboot/relogin? What is the right combo of screen res, scaling and font size for my laptop you recommend? I don’t want tiny fonts
- In Chrome I checked chrome://gpu a lot of the settings had ‘hw accel’ enabled, yet youtube takes 30-35% cpu, and this is a newer cpu than my desktop pc which is using Intel gpu (4th gen), and only uses <5% on same video on Windows chrome. both of them only have iGpu, no gfx cards.
next steps I will take - install zram, but that will not affect above.
Any advice or help, thanks !!