New install, EndeavourOS not detecting network interfaces

Title says it all. The laptop is BRAND NEW (literally got it today, new from the manufacturer). It’s a Lenovo Ideapad 730s.

lspci says: Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9260 (rev 29)

I’ve never had to troubleshoot this kind of problem so any help is appreciated.

I never use WiFi, all my computers are desktops and are on a LAN. But give this a try

enter:
pacman -Q | grep iwlwifi-9260

and see if that driver is installed. That will at least give us a starting point.
Also, I assume you are using EndeavourOS, but what Desktop Environment are you using?

Pudge

EDIT:
Oh, I almost forgot. Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time here.

In the past I’ve made sure use a wired connection for the install and update. Wifi has always worked after that.

@Quoding Hello, could you post the output of lsmod

You may need to blacklist ideapad_laptop in /etc/modprobe.d

Thanks for the reply. Turns out reflashing my USB with the image (although it had passed the SHA-256 check) and plugging a RJ-45 in solved the issue. Perhaps there’s a problem triggering the detection of network interfaces if there is none trying to connect on live boot up ?

That’s what I would have tried first too. I’m glad you were able to try something and get it working. The Intel 9260 has had some issues working with certain hardware and kernels but I thought that was dealt with in the newer kernels. Some people have had to blacklist ideapad-laptop on Arch to get it working but not always as is the case with yours.