Net-installer reactions

I’ve read the overwhelming reactions on our launch on the forum, Telegram, Twitter and other Linux groups.
We can’t thank you all enough for the kind words and reactions on our milestone release.

Today and tomorrow I’m going to focus on another Endeavour project I’m involved with: Preparing the Christmas turkey for twenty people, so I may not be very active on the channels and this is certainly not a lack of interest.
Having trouble with upstream Arch updates is one thing, having trouble with the homefront is an endeavour I’d rather avoid. :wink: So I promised to keep my focus mainly on Christmas and the homefront.

ENJOY YOUR CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

19 Likes

@Bryanpwo Thank you and all, who had work so hard on the net installer and the EOS Forum.

Its a great honor, to work with you at this distribution with such a great community!

I wish you and your family happy christmas and work so on. :grinning:

8 Likes

thank you for your labour and wise words.

shout out with :heart:

6 Likes

4 places up on distrowatch after net installer launched :wink::ok_hand:

6 Likes

we will have a turkey here also ! For me ? cooking for friends and famaly is meditation :slight_smile:

5 Likes

how late ? its a 6 hours drive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Turkey? How traditional :grin: I’ll be grilling steaks for the family. To each his own. I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas. And thanks for the hard work to the whole Endeavour team.

3 Likes

HUGE Thank you to the entire EOS team! This is a wonderful community.

Enjoy the Holidays with friends and family!

5 Likes

Pickled herrings, lox (gravlax), grilled ham, dopp i grytan, prinskorv, swedish meatballs, ox tounge, and spear ribbs just to name a few things.

Cook for a week, and eat for three hours…

2 Likes

Yes, it’s time to start preparing for tomorrow’s feast. So I have put on my Christmas Apron.

Pudge

8 Likes

Enjoy your christmas turkey. thank you for the net-installer and the great work you have done so far. Aaannd, greetings from Turkey :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I just tried the new net installer on virtualbox with several of the DE’s (gnome, kde, deepin, cinnamon); and did not run into any problems. The net-install is a little slower install than the offline, which with the calamari installer that doesn’t show the details, and might make you think it’s hung-up at certain points. But it’s not. You just have to be patient.

Still keeping XFCE on my main installation. It’s tweaked just the way I like it.

Thanks again to all the EOS folks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 Likes

net-install is a network installer you have note also how the network speed and the mirrors on that moment.

2 Likes

if you want all logs from install viewed life run this in terminal while installing:

tail -f /home/liveuser/endeavour-install.log

6 Likes

For me too, I only wish I had your baking skills especially your icing skills. A couple of years ago I saw a picture of a Flamengo cake you made with your daughters and it looked amazing. BTW Thank you for the amazing Mezcal recipe… We had a very pleasant Christmas eve with them. (Yes THEM as in more than one) :upside_down_face:

Your welcome and you can bring me a couple of bottles ‘Andalous’ I don’t understand why it’s not available over here. On the other hand, it is the perfect excuse for me to visit Antwerp, Brussels or Leuven (sorry don’t know the English name) just to get it.

2 Likes

It was a difficult birth, but it was finally successful. Big congratulations to the EOS development team! Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

hague from pelt, is just 2 hours :slight_smile: berlin is different :slight_smile:

1 Like
11 Likes
7 Likes

Well congratulations on a well functioning installer!!
I installed Mate, LXqt and finally Xfce with it last night and no problems.

Two things though:

1. Is the net installer the only installer on the ISO? Because I swear I missed the option of online vs offline the first time, when I just pressed the installer button in the panel? Or maybe I was just tired after too much pickled herring…

2. I would prefer if the online install version of Xfce was not themed either, like the others. For consistency. But that’s just me.