Net-installer on hold

No. I said:

Netinstaller images as opposed to (“full”) live images, because that’s what this thread is about (a netinstall image is being planned, but currently it has been postponed).

Or do I overlook something? :wink:

Netinstall images are much smaller (so I prefer this - in the IT service I also use other live images every day, mostly to save “important” but unsaved files in crashed Windows installations of customers).

For an example antergos, the endeavouros predecessor, 961 MiB vs. 2.2 GiB (both still far too much). Or do we take siduction (debian sid based), noX 671 MiB vs. monstrous 2 - 2.6 GiB depending on DE. Or debian*netinst-amd64.iso 335 MiB vs. 3 (!) images in DVD size.

1 Like

Feel free to use an installer which was working half of the time since it was born back in 2012. At least, working half of the time for me. Sorry for having known and played with something called CinnArch back in 2012 :smiley:

I just tried RebornOS and i couldn’t get past clicking on the first entry which is language. After that the next click locked up cinchi and it won’t proceed. Tried it numerous times. So it’s not working for me on my Uefi system with Nvidia trying to install it on v-box.

1 Like

I can’t reproduce your problem. My only explanation for this issue would be that you didn’t provide enough RAM, 2GiB is required for a successful installation, the default 1GiB isn’t even enough for the live system without Cnchi.
If you want to use 3D acceleration then the display adapter has to be set to VBoxSVGA.

Had all of the above. I will try it with more than 2 GB ram and yes i have VboxSVGA for 3D.

chnci is kinda offtopi and chnci have no issues with it in the past… with almost 2gig antergos install in vbox worked always better then the opensuse netinstaller somehowe… every installer has its pros&cons, and videoconfiguration is for me not so linked to an installer rater more to a base/iso or something …

4 Likes

It was an actual bug with RebornOS Cnchi that you encountered there. It happened randomly, but you could continue with the installation after waiting a few minutes.
Rafael-uy just fixed it in the new 2019.11.09 ISO.

1 Like

Problem is cnchi is full of random bugs. It is an old installer, which never made it to a stable version. Wonder why… :frowning:

1 Like

I’m waiting for EndeavourOS net-installer. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I am a coder and i might be willing to help.

I dont have a lot of experience working on large projects or contributing, but i wanted to start contributing to some projects.

what language is this in, c/c++ (where im most comfortable) or something else? and do you guys actually need help?

5 Likes

Yes we do, just visit our github page, if you go to the website and click on the latest news post, there’s a link that will direct tou to it.

3 Likes