Net-installer on hold

Originally published at: https://endeavouros.com/news/net-installer-on-hold/

Due to Joe’s workload and Fernando not being able to work properly on the Calamares installer, we have decided not to release the net-installer on November 15th.

Technically, the net-installer is ready to be released, but with practically two men down in the team, it is impossible for us to anticipate on incoming bug-reports. That is the reason why we made this decision.

Help is welcome

Behind the scenes, we are working on a solution but we cannot tell you when the net-installer is going to be released. If you like to help us, please contact us, we’re in need of coders.

Calamares offline installer

Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean the shutdown of EndeavourOS, we are still going to release our monthly updated offline installer.

Discovery

Today the launch of our Discovery magazine was also put on hold, but to end this announcement on a positive note, I’m pleased to tell you that it will go live tomorrow.

It is an online magazine with news, community contributions and articles written with a non-technical approach.

9 Likes

Thanks @Bryanpwo curious to discover Discovery magazine soon.

1 Like

Well, too bad I’m not a coder, I would have bring some help here :frowning:

Let’s hope net installer will be released soon!

2 Likes

I hope that EndeavourOS will be able to get some more people to work on it. Three people is not really enough. (I think that the lack of help is what doomed Antergos.)

Perhaps if you placed requests on the main page, that might attract some coders. (I wish I knew how to code; if I were twenty years younger I might have tried to learn.)

The distribution is becoming very, very popular. That is because it is so good. You guys are doing a fabulous job. But more help is needed and I hope that you can find some good people to join the team.

Lawrence

2 Likes

We’ve tweeted it and we’ve received already some reactions.

2 Likes

It’s nice that you won’t release it until you feel everything is ready.

but

Maybe you could let it slip out the back door so some of us can test it ?

I have the impression that you are working together with the RebornOS devs.

When everything has settled down, we will do that. If we do it now, we can’t do anything withyour feedback.

No, we don’t.

1 Like

:wink:

AndreasDimo, as far as I can see, they have a different philosophy there…to integrate everything possible (from AUR), while endeavouros wants to stay as close to the original as possible.

Right now it’s also about netinstaller images. There you still use cnchi, here (like more and more other distributions at the moment) calamares. How should a cooperation, i.e. mutual help, look like?

I dont know. I am just saying the impression i have. Guess it was wrong

It was just a rhetorical question. :sunglasses:

More people with different goals do not mean the solution. Apart from that RebornOS does not offer any netinstaller images.

And what does it offer?

Thanks for letting us know, you can only work so hard

1 Like

This is extremely sad news, but thank you for the transparency!

1 Like

Isn’t Cnchi a netinstaller?

It is. But it was never tagged as a stable installer.

Hello!

The cnchi-based installer of RebornOS works without problems.

Take the opportunity to greet and wish all of you an excellent future.

By RebornOS: Rafael Costa Rega (Developer)

4 Likes

Nobody (ok, maybe w/o FredBezies :wink: ) said anything else here either (antergos has also bet on cnchi…but this hasn’t always been error-free, e.g. in 18.9). But that’s not the point. Endeavouros doesn’t use cnchi, but calamares. Therefore already diffuse ideas of a cooperation in this regard end technically.

Hi Rafael,

How are you doing? I recently visited the website and it looks great.

2 Likes

My post was only in response that you axt said that RebornOS did not have an online installer. To get you out of doubt, we do have it, and it is based on cnchi, and it does work for us. I said nothing about a collaboration with EndeavorOS. It is only for you to be informed.

How are you Bryanpwo? Here visiting you, and congratulating you again for such a good working group that you have formed. I hope you can excuse my English, but it is not my native language. You have a very good website! I’m glad you liked our website. To continue spreading Linux!

Best regards!

Rafael

4 Likes