I’m trying to install Wine following the instructions from the Wiki

1. Prepare

Create the following bash scripts and make them executable with chmod;

create-structure.sh

#!/bin/bash
title=$(basename "$0")
`
could some one please show me what I have to do

Not sure where you got this and what it’s related to. Wine can be installed from the AUR with yay.

1 Like
  1. Open your text editor
  2. Copy and paste the content as indicated on the Discovery article
  3. Save as create-structure.sh
  4. Make executable: chmod +x create-structure.sh
  5. Do the same for the other scripts
2 Likes

Wine is in multilib. I don’t see the need for the AUR. :confused:

1 Like

You are correct. I thought it was an AUR package. But still can be installed with yay. :wink:

Edit: I see it came from here that is why i asked as i wasn’t familiar with this.

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/gaming/steam-lutris-wine/2022/01/#heading--wine

I install everything with yay, AUR or not, just because… it’s easier and shorter to type than pacman, and I am just that lazy. :woman_shrugging:

Me too … yay makes it very easy.

1 Like

sorry for not answering sooner, experience black screen 3 times trying to install my nvidia driver; so thank you all for trying to help, I could not continue with instructions from the Wiki, they’re just a little to advance for me, and did not wanted to try AUR because the last time I tried it it just kept on for 10 minutes so I had to stop, I have install wine before several times in other OS’s, I know it does not take so many files and time to install; so I follow this instructions " How to Install Wine on EndeavourOS 2021 | Install Wine 6.16 on EndeavourOS | Windows Apps on Linux - YouTube " and it work perfectly ; so here I am in a very good looking system, super fast with every thing that I need and like. Once again thank you all for trying to help

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.