Need help with scanner - Canon imageCLASS

Canon imageCLASS

Printer works fine. But I’d like to be able to use the scanner and not sure how to get that setup. There is Linux software on the product page (linked above) but not sure how to install that or if that software would even get this scanner running.

Is there a package in the AUR to enable the ability to use the scanner? Or do I install the software package from Canon. If I’m to use the software from Canon do I run the install from the directory folder after extraction? If so, how?

Thank you for any help.

The Olde Printer Works, and Scanner Doesn’t thing? Common.
I would search
pacman
AUR
flatpak
all to see what my options are for Canon support. All entries for Canon, if they are there should show a description of package.

It’s also possible a piece of FOSS would work
xsane (not sane)
Gscan2pft
etc

Do I know what specifically will help an ImageClass Canon scanner? No. Should not take long to find out.

even if Canon had a targz you could install it straight from them if someone helped you here (because proprietary instructions for CLI moves are notoriously dubios). you got options.
sorry I don’t have exact answer.

Thank you for the info.

I did find this site :https://snapcraft.io/install/skanlite/arch and I was able to get the scanner working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.