Need help in running arduino IDE

please i have my project tomorrow and i am not able to figure out what is going wrong. i have tried using the appimage and tar file on the official arduino website. i have tried using AUR which installs fine but no matter what version i use it gives the same error when trying to run:

[333452:1207/132503.674131:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(590)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: No such interface “org.freedesktop.portal.FileChooser”

[333452:1207/132503.674374:ERROR:select_file_dialog_linux_portal.cc(274)] Failed to read portal version property

[333452:1207/132503.682582:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(590)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.portal.Settings.Read: object_path= /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: No such interface “org.freedesktop.portal.Settings” on object at path /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop

please help me

1 Like

What desktop environment are you using?

Also what says: pacman -Qs xdg-desktop ?

i am using i3wm.
the result to the prompt you provided is: local/xdg-desktop-portal 1.18.2-1
Desktop integration portals for sandboxed apps

I just downloaded and ran the AppImage. It seems to be running fine on my system: Arch-GNOME

I cannot replicate the issue on my end. Here are what I think might be some relevant packages:

local/xdg-dbus-proxy 0.1.5-1
    Filtering proxy for D-Bus connections
local/xdg-desktop-portal 1.18.2-1
    Desktop integration portals for sandboxed apps
local/xdg-desktop-portal-gnome 45.1-1 (gnome)
    A backend implementation for xdg-desktop-portal for the GNOME desktop environment
local/xdg-desktop-portal-gtk 1.15.1-1
    A backend implementation for xdg-desktop-portal using GTK
local/xdg-utils 1.2.0r25+g0f49cf5-1
    Command line tools that assist applications with a variety of desktop integration tasks

Except the one for GNOME, make sure you got the others and see if it will work.

If not, please wait for other users who may have experience with Arduino to chime in.

1 Like

looks like that was the issue, some packages were not updated i guess. anyways its fixed now. thanks for the help!

Arduino IDE is terrible, in my opinion. It’s some sort of Electron application or something. Absolutely disgusting.

I prefer to write Arduino code in the text editor of my choice, and I use arduino-cli to compile and upload software to the Arduino board. It’s much more elegant.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.