My pc is frozen

HI guys,today i was doing online classes. At the end of the lesson,i left the pc with Microsoft Teams on,but when i come back (30 minutes later) it was completely freezed and i could do nothing rather than hard reboot physically the machine.
Here is the log 5 minutes before the disaster : https://pastebin.com/F7t4SxBM
And these are the specs of my machine : http://ix.io/2Szl
This is not the first time the machine is freezing,i was thinking it was a problem related to memory leak of Ms Teams or maybe it’s an hardware issue. Can anyone help me to guess the problem ??

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum! :partying_face: :wave:

I have no clue what happened, but I also have been facing something similar during my classes. I attend classes via chrome browser on Google Meet. I suspect this is something to do with Chromium which is embedded in electron apps too, like MS Teams. I just restart as you said you do. Maybe an update will fix the issue. But it will be interesting to see what other users have to say. Might be fixable.

Wishing you a happy stay here filled with fun and learning :enos_flag:

3 Likes

We know the R8168 works usually better with the R8169 driver as you did :

Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: ASUSTeK driver: r8169

but on mine it’s the inverse I have to use the R8168 driver on an old Linksys router and it works well, not on LTS, maybe test something with the R8168 driver in case :

System:    Host: flval-Lx Kernel: 5.11.5-arch1-1 x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Xfce 4.16.0 
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8168

What motherboard, do you have? I had similar probs, got rid of them with a bios update …
also manually assigning 3000MHz clocking according to my DDR4 ram specs …

Welcome to the forum!:partying_face:

Just FYI it spells “is frozen” :wink:

Welcome to the fun forum @Tensa53 :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

1 Like

One freeze does not a problem make :smiley:

All computers lock up, freeze and occasionally burst it flames :fire:

It is only a problem if it is doing it consistently and there is a pattern.

My laptop is frozen:

3 Likes

my motherboard is an asus prime a320m-k and after the freeze,i tried some adjustment on the bios,changing this parameter as it follows : Advanced’ => ‘AMD CBS’ => 'Power Supply Idle Control

btw guys,i’m trying to use the web version of Ms Teams through the best browser for it (Ms Edge). I tried to replicate the same scenario and it seems it’s working good. Maybe is really the client of Teams that is bad

Nice reference to the movie, you got me smiling :laughing:

The problem OP mentioned is happening constantly. I noticed a pattern that the freeze is caused when the network connection is poor. Like in my college - the network is poor and i face freeze regularly. At home, network is okay, and no freezes experienced yet.

Not sure if the OP has same observations as me.

Bad network give me bad face! :laughing:

1 Like

the worst problems are problems that are not reproducible.

what de do you use…?
As in kde you can go under settings, and disable all
power management features, ( both in the battery and charging state section )
and go to the bios and disable all power management features,
as far as possible. Also, check that the computer can be woken up by USB
devices. So then leave the computer there ( with a Teams session maybe ) and see if
it wakes up as you come back … maybe also check online for bios update.

Thirdly you can install and run Gsmartcontrol as well additionally test memory modules ( only one at a time )

1 Like