My cup is full

Due to the recent developments and some issues behind the scenes, I am keeping my profile low for a short time.

At this point, I’m not able to react in a rational way and I don’t want to cause any damage in this wonderful community.

I just need a little distance, I promise that I’ll be back very soon.

13 Likes

Damn, I hope you can sort things out. I appreciate your help and work here

2 Likes

The community is behind you and your great work. Always.

4 Likes

Take the time you need. You’re appreciated here for you and all you do for the community. Reach out if you need more than just time away.

3 Likes

Too much stress with all this, it changes your life … take your time and take care of yourself, we will be here, taking care of the strong EOS !!!

3 Likes

Take care! We all hope to see you soon :smiley:

2 Likes

Completely understandable. We all need to take time and sharpen the sword now and then, so to speak.

1 Like

Take care and rest, you earned it, we looking forward your epic comeback, all the best wishes for you!

2 Likes

take the time you need and I hope you have a good restart. see you soon

1 Like

Have a cup of coffee, some matjes and a Genever for lunch, and breathe.

Take your time.

3 Likes

Take your time my friend. Just remember all the users the that appreciate your work.

1 Like

You truly need a break Bryanpwo. I do realize that you enjoy your work here; however it’s always good to “charge your batteries” and return refreshed and ready. Definitely take all the time you need. We will be here - waiting for your triumphant return! Live long and prosper!

2 Likes

Dear Bryan,

I think that, after reading the comments posted in this thread before mine, you can see just how much you are appreciated - and that appreciation goes for the other developers and moderators as well.

From what you have written, I believe that you have been the victim of some sort of attack(s) by vicious individuals (and, because such people exist, that is why neither I nor my wife belong to “social media” sites such as Facebook or Twitter)…

We’re lucky - we’re both retired and we do not have to participate in such sites.

But younger people, those who work for a living, are almost forced to participate - and that leaves them open to evil people who get enjoyment out of hurting others (and they don’t even sign their real names).

Bryan, if this sort of thing is the case in your situation, I strongly recommend that you just IGNORE such people. I’ll bet that most, if not all ,of them do not even use EndeavourOS (and are probably too stupid to know how to use it!).

I suggest that you do not respond to them or make any sort of comment about what they say. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT IMPORTANT! Just IMMEDIATELY delete their nasty posts (without even reading all of what they have written) - and remember that you have a LOT of online friends here on this forum. We ALL have a great deal of respect for you and for what you have accomplished and what you’re still doing.

In addition I want you to know that I and everyone who has participated in this thread as well as LOTS of other EndeavourOS users greatly appreciate what you are doing. I am certain that most people reading this will agree with me.

I think that you should take as much time as you need. Please do not let “trolls” get you down. Those people, as I have said here and elsewhere, are, in my opinion, NOT IMPORTANT and are WORTHLESS INDIVIDUALS. They are USELESS people who, in all likelihood, have NEVER ACCOMPLISHED A SINGLE WORTHWHILE THING IN THEIR LIVES. Please just PAY NO ATTENTION to any of them! Responding to them or even just commenting on what they say only encourages them to write more rotten things! That’s about all they’re good for!

It’s almost like dealing with “robocalls.” We have an answering machine on 24 hours a day; we monitor all of our phone calls. Our relatives and friends (wnd the businesses with which we deal) know this and, when they identify themselves, we answer their calls. But the “robocallers” and other “scammers” cannot get through to us. We don’t pick up the phone when they call. We can hear their “messages” (if we bother to listen - and most often we do not) and we just ignore them (and erase them when we get around to it)!

The same thing should apply to "social media’ sites and similar.

I know that all of my recommendations are easier for me to say than for you to do - but, believe me, they work! Please just ignore “trolls.”

My wife and I wish you all the best - and I hope that, after a rest, you will come back with even more enthusiasm and drive than you have had up until now. You can take a great deal of pride in what you have accomplished.

In conclusion I will say that, again in my opinion, EndeavourOS is one superb GNU/Linux distribution and I apologize for the length of this post.

Lawrence

7 Likes

No worries. Appreciate the work you (and others) do, everyone needs a break every now and then, even for passion projects. Hope you’re able to make the most of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes, breaks are needed. Moving into a new city helped me getting a break, even if I have a lot of things to do to be in a better shape.

Whishing you the best, @Bryanpwo.

1 Like

You may have taken on too many things at once in such a short time, and during this time, with your help, a seemingly new distribution has been created. Step back a little and slow down, the community will be here when you come back.

2 Likes

Dear Bryan,

I signed into my account on Tuesday, November 26 and I’m glad to see you back. I hope that a few days taken off have helped you. I want to thank you also for that nice Happy Thanksgiving greeting. I have saved the picture to my computer. It’s really nice.

Lawrence

3 Likes