Mp4-video plays too fast

Yep. But not the sample rate I THOUGHT it was.

1 Like

Mine is set at 24/96 with 16/48 as fallback, i play 24/96 flacs but everything is in sink with films. actually 48 should be the fallback setting as default
What are you using XFCE it does not sink and pair like gnome i just turn my phone on and they pair with no additional

What was it set to?

Default it is all commented out (I didn’t even have a daemon.conf in my home folder).

IIRC the defaults are

default-sample-rate = 44100
alternate-sample-rate = 48000
2 Likes

My guess here is that it specifically was sound / movies with sound sampled at 44100 that played too fast, so me allowing either option to be 44100 didn’t do anything since well… it either resampled ALL sound to 44100 (first option) or allowed sound sampled at 44100 to stay that way (second option). I am sure i could change default to 48000 and the second to say 96000 and it would work, but I don’t feel like screwing around with it now when it works.

1 Like

Not trying to necro my own thread but i had the same problem again after reinstalling the system today.
Setting the samplle rate(s) in daemon.conf for pulseaudio to anything other than 44100 works, so now I am running default 96000 and fallback 48000.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info - in case I need it sometime!

1 Like