Microsoft Pluton "integrated security" (Intel, AMD, Qualcomm)

“Working with partners like Microsoft allows us to make an even bigger impact,” AMD head of product security Jason Thomas said in a statement.

:roll_eyes: AMD head of :ox: :poop:

3 Likes

Just a reminder, Bill put money in Apple long time ago. Where everybody think there are conurrent, in reality they work all together to stay dominant !

4 Likes

Yeah, even more funny is a “competition” on GPU market… :upside_down_face:
Nvidia vs AMD with blood relatives CEO…gimme a break :rofl:

1 Like

Think that this market is free is a fantasy !
At the end we all know that the futur computer is just one ALLPU linked to different communication port…ARM is the first approach of it !

1 Like

Seems similar to apple’s T1 chips.

We want to watch you…please assimilate! There is no freedom? You don’t have a license to run that… Windows Blue Screen of Death!!! Error …error …warning… your pc will self destruct in 30 sec! :rofl:

3 Likes

It seems before I buy my next computer, I’ll need to stop by the store first to buy a bottle of Vaseline. :thinking:

3 Likes

Well, also knowing how bad Microsoft handles things (like Windows 10 updates), maybe this “security” chip will get exploited at some point.

2 Likes

Oh it will be exploited from 0 day :rofl:
But will be pain in the butt for rest of us :woozy_face:

1 Like

honka_memes-128px-34

Do you have Pluton radiation sickness? :laughing:

Most definitely…I don’t have Pluton CPU obviously, but it’s freaking horrible bleak future.

2 Likes

Ya I’m not liking it either especially the part about …Microsoft? What business do they have deciding what we need. :angry:

3 Likes

I think I have bought my last computer anyway. During this month, next year, so long y’all I almost can’t afford my Internet connection. :wink:

I hope seriously they fail and they get boycotted or something so extensive modifications are made to ensure the users could choose. It might be a hint, despite the junk M$ have said a short time ago about support cycle, that there might not be Windows any longer, but an alternative controlled by a subscription or much worse.

With such technology whole point of which is to be a backdoor which is impossible to physically remove you can’t ensure sh*t…

Chip-to-:clown_face: security

So only boycot, huge media campaign, huge backlash and complete removal would fight that garbage.

2 Likes

The only door i want is the exit door for Microsoft to leave by! :door: :man_walking:

5 Likes

I’m sure there will be a third-party kernel with that code disabled… The real question is: does that really remove the hardware backdoor? I don’t think it does…

Of course it doesn’t, it’s impossible.

1 Like

Microsoft just wants to be able to open the door and look in. :door: :back:

1 Like

This is Microsoft when they try to convince Linux users they’re supporting open-source, and the Linux users to them, knowing what they’ll do: