Member but still Basic?

I was discobot-notified that i’d been bumped up a notch overnight:

Summary

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 2. Thanks for participating over a period of weeks to truly join our community. You can now send invitations from your user page or individual topics, create group personal messages, and have more likes per day.

and

Summary

Congratulations on your trust level promotion!
8 Aug
1 / 2
8 Aug
22m ago

system
40m
Now that you’ve been promoted, it’s time to learn about some advanced features!

Reply to this message with @discobot start advanced tutorial to find out more about what you can do.

We invite you to keep getting involved – we enjoy having you around.

However, still:

How does this caper work? Is TL2 still only Basic … shouldn’t it now say Member? Have i now gained extra Like allowance, or will my allotment of Likes & Emojis continue to run out 7’ before i try to use one?

5 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Do, or do not. There is no try. — Yoda

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

• Is DB Annoying AF?

0 voters

5 Likes

I’m envious! I only got:

Enthusiast
This badge is granted for visiting 10 consecutive days. Thanks for sticking with us for over a week!

3 Likes

BEN: You lucky, lucky bastard.
BRIAN: What?
BEN: Proper little jailer’s pet, aren’t we?
BRIAN: What do you mean?
BEN: You must have slipped him a few shekels, eh?
BRIAN: Slipped him a few shekels? You saw him spit in my face!
BEN: Ohh! What wouldn’t I give to be spat at in the face! I sometimes hang awake at night dreaming of being spat at in the face.
BRIAN: Well, it’s not exactly friendly, is it? They had me in manacles!
BEN: Manacles! Ooh oooh oh oh. My idea of heaven is to be allowed to be put in manacles… just for a few hours. They must think the sun shines out o’ your arse, sonny.
BRIAN: Oh, lay off me. I’ve had a hard time!
BEN: You’ve had a hard time?! I’ve been here five years! They only hung me the right way up yesterday! So, don’t you come 'rou–
BRIAN: All right. All right.

4 Likes

The Gods have smiled upon you. Take it as as a sign!

A sign! Follow the sandal.
Noooo, follow the gourd.

1 Like

@anon379864
Well I don’t want to be a “Proper little jailer’s pet” so I guess congratulations are in order.
Here’s mud in your eye!
:beers:

2 Likes

try logout/logon

1 Like

Maybe click your heels together 3 times and mumble
“There’s no place like …”
or there’s always
@anon379864 God! I hope you can sleep tonight or last night, what ever.
:question:

2 Likes

I’m assuming you meant logout of the forum, rather than log out of my Plasma desktop session… so i did the former, but it hasn’t helped. Ta anyway.

1 Like

You can try the latter, too. It probably won’t help, but…

It seems to be a bug regarding how badges are displayed. When you advance to TL2 (“Member”) you get the Member badge, but you keep the Basic badge, too and, for some reason, that one has the priority in the three badges that are displayed in your profile. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

My next step is to install a swap partition…

3 Likes

And guess to whom i’m gonna give ownership…

4 Likes

@anon379864 I think @Kresimir is right, I have looked into the settings and there’s nothing on this I can change.
When I have an answer, I’ll get back to you.

5 Likes

Thank you @Bryanpwo & @Kresimir.

1 Like

@anon379864 Apparantly, it takes some time before the badge in the profile changes, so be patient. (That’s the answer I got on Discourse)

7 Likes

Can we not turn all the “features” off? I dislike them intensely.

3 Likes