Mate terminal

But you are a long time Linux user.
You may need to re-learn some things and also learn to do some others in a new way.

In contrast to LinuxMint where most of the things are setup and configured out-of-the-box, Arch is by nature a Do-It-Yourself system. After an initial learning curve, I am positive that you will be enjoying your Arch/EnOS as your daily driver as well.

And

Also, post on the forum and ask about any and all issues you might be facing, before copying/pasting some random commands found on some random sites. At least, in case of doubts, get a second opinion here on the forum.

motivational-penguin

2 Likes

You’re going to have a really tough time with EOS/Arch if this is where you excel. I would strongly urge you to learn about what you’re pasting before hitting enter. Even if it’s just one line at a time.

But, think of it as a learning curve. We all start somewhere. I too came from a long line of Minty usage. I would chalk it up to a learning experience and repave (I can’t fathom trying to undo what you’ve done. Or, as I say - you can’t take the pee out of the pool water.)

Thanks for the encouragement, against advice I will do a fresh install just to be safe.
Everything is backup from my Mint installation and just get on with it.

Nothing wrong with copy/paste, as long as you understand exactly what it is doing…always make sure of it!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.