MATE Panel is out of date, causing a bug

So did it reset, to a blank panel, but then not allow you to add to it? So you are stuck with a blank panel?

It reset to the default setup (two panels, bottom has the windows top has the menus etc) not the blank one. But no, it did not let me.
Also the 1.24.0-1 release was supposed to fix this bug.

I don’t understand how you are getting a different result in that, when you have apparently just installed Mate, given that it works for me, and I have just installed it too, and we have the same version.
Was your /home from a previous installation of another Linux?

No, the whole install is entirely new. I have no idea how it isn’t working either, seeing im literally using the right version and I tried everything. Maybe I need to switch to Xfce?

Or, if you have a machine less than 10 years old, then it should be able to run Cinnamon happily.

Is there possibly anything else I could try that isn’t reinstalling it? If need be I’ll have to reinstall it but I really don’t want to :frowning:

Just finished an update, and included in the update was “upgraded mate-menus (1.24.0-1 -> 1.24.0-2)”

Seems to have fixed my “Startup Applications” Window.

Perhaps your problem was also fixed by mate-menus.

Pudge

Did an update and mate-menus was upgraded to 1.24.0-2, it still didn’t fix it even after a reboot.

but you can stil drag a application from menu to panel ? i see the issue, some wit the widget to add applications to the panel.

for that is to look what the debugging is… and i dont know, dragging from menu should do also…for now is looking what the best to debug the messages :confused:

1 Like
Oh yeah, its a Theming issue. , please choose a ugly green theme as example :slight_smile:

its not exact the panel bug probably a theming issue ,

i was wrong… try to drag , is also easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

This works perfectly. I feel so dumb lmao, thanks!

yeah in ubuntu mate seems to worked … cannot find the orginal bugreport on that but in arch has no bug reported on this…