Manjaro is working on a Flatpak-focused version

Oddly enough, even more than I Endeavour.

2 Likes

It probably is a pamac-less version is what they meant! :thinking:

Heh pacman-less :sweat_smile::rofl::rofl:

Your moving this forum to Facebook? Say it ainā€™t so!
I canā€™t stand Facebook. Have not used it in 4 years. If you indeed are doing this, that is too badā€¦
:scream: :disappointed_relieved: :cold_sweat: :sob:
LLAP

1 Like

It was satire, my dude.

3 Likes

And live meetings with Microsoft Meet to be sureā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Rest assured, as @jiibus said, it was a joke. Just as us moving to Flatpak in April, the work on that would be awful for such a small team.

2 Likes

For April (1st) release you can manage it simply adding alias flatpack='yay' in .bashrc. :grin:
Then you can boast that you are also using flatpack.

3 Likes

No, Google.

I would say the dislike was for flatpacks more than for Manjaro. Posts are always harder than face-to-face conversations to decode.

Mind you, flatpacks are (probably) less ā€˜difficultā€™ than snaps - but the extra load time and appearance deficits in both are less than optimal, especially for a system with access to the AURā€¦

1 Like

Look at the picture!
It is not about flatpacks and snaps, itā€™s about hate speech.

1 Like

I put in five years of testing on Manjaro, and I definitely did my fair share of helping out on the forums. This was all done under the impression that Manjaro was a Community Driven distroā€¦I wonder where I got that idea. Well when all of the stuff went down with Jonathon (and please donā€™t say there are two sides to this storyā€¦when misuses of funds are at stake I am inclined to believe the whistleblower versus someone whose actions have continually reinforced the issues raised by the whistleblower), it became clear that Manjaro was no longer a Community Driven distro, but was pivoting to becoming an Arch based Ubuntu. I bailed, so this is not flies on shit, this is simply the fruition of comments many of us made when it happened. While I do not hate Manjaro, I certainly donā€™t wish it well. Something built under false pretences, using untold free labor hours given by the community, certainly does not deserve any well wishes.

5 Likes

Burst the Bubble!

:right_anger_bubble:
:penguin_face:

1 Like

Thereā€™s no secret in the world about my thoughts on the project at this point. They were at least nice enough to anonymize my user account so my name isnā€™t associated with that train wreck.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. . .

5 Likes

A friendly intro about our community rules and tips for the forum - Forum & Website - EndeavourOS

last time folksā€¦

3 Likes

This is what happens when trust in breached in an open source project through a series of questionable, self serving decisions.

Unfortunately the head of this snake has breached community trust so many times that there is no way back for nearly all community members burned.

In any open source project trust is key.

Only way to redemption is a new snake head, but that wonā€™t happen any time soon.

4 Likes

We all know why.

9 Likes