Making pointless videos with EndeavourOS for fun

Christmas Day 2019
A week or 2 before this, I picked up a Beeman P17 .177 Pellet Pistol
from PyramidAir for 30 bucks.

It was actually a nice day out, no snow, but approaching evening so light
conditions were getting low.
Also earlier in the summer I picked up a Samsung Galaxy A50,
unlocked international version with 4 GB ram & capable of holding
a 512GB SD card for almost half the price of what they are in a phone store.

I needed to test out the slow motion of the camera, also had very old eggs in the fridge.

This was done using KDEnlive, Photoshop CS6 running through WINE, and audacity for some audio. Photoshop is a little wonky at times with WINE, but still runs ok.
Kdenlive does a lot things, but always looking for other video software to test too.

So, if you like JoeCartoon soundFX & exploding eggs, you may enjoy this useless creation :stuck_out_tongue:

There is even a super-slowmo function on this camera that’s need testing so might play more in the spring. The regular slo-mo function I believe is 120 frames per sec,
the super-slowmo function I believe is 970 frames per second, so I’m curious.

You’ll have to excuse the mess around my pellet trap the wind blew my weed mats
around and have various other previously exploded vegetables lying about :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This is awesome… :rofl:

1 Like

It wasn’t pointless, it gave us the gift of a good laugh after a s****y day.Thanks.

1 Like

Well experimenting with video isn’t as pointless as you think. . . . I have been taking video’s for 6 years now for archival purposes. . . . i.e. denoting climate and seasonal change with growth in my yard of trees and bushes I’ve planted. I’ve taken videos and compressed them down so that they are still of some quality when viewed on a ‘big’ screen TV. I’m an avid photographer but have now decided to try video instead of still photography for a change. I’ve done a couple videos using still pictures vs spliced video’s giving them a ‘Ken Burns’ effect using software like ‘4kvideoslideshosmaker’ and ‘photofilmstrip’. Kdenlive works great splicing 4 gig videos and making them 1 hr long compressing 8 gig of data down to 1.9 gig still showing excellent resolution on a big screen TV. I’ve added music to my videos and now working on voice with music background. Kdenlive is a great program and it’s given me a whole new life in using my computer for things involving ‘creativity’. I’m still learning and enjoying it a lot. I’ve done time lapse video of storm’s moving through my area with clouds building up (attempting to get lightning in the process) and also took a 1 hr video with camera on my bicycle peddling my workout path. Stupid things but entertaining to me if I can make some type of video plot.

Rich :wink:

Yeah, I realize that after I reread the header last night and I was trying to fix it from this mobile device but I couldn’t get it right but I’ve been doing the same thing over the last 20 some thing years, but pics and videos mostly last ten or so and noticed a bunch of things in my yard the same way I’ve got a lot of weird stuff happening, but I’m not sure I can take care of the things in my yard anymore due to my back, but I get what you’re saying.
The weather’s been a big thing this year.

Edit: yeah I just tried to remove the one word from the title, but it’s locked.
Last night I was just flipping through some videos I’ve done and thought maybe someone needed a laugh so I thought I’d post something.
You are right about kdenlive as well. I’ve started a video project and end up finding other neat things it can do.

One thing I do notice with editing large videos. It’s trying to do it with IP cam videos. It acts really choppy and doesn’t play right I’m not sure why, but I’ve got 32 gig ram in the thing, but I don’t know if it’s the way the cameras encoded or what. Having said that when you do import the video, it’s usually like 12 hours worth of footage, but even when you chop it and make it smaller, it still acts funny but seems to act better after you render it once then it seems to behave.