Mailspring error respnose via terminal considering klauncher (/usr/lib/kf5/klauncher) and kdewalletd

Here is my response for inxi:

https://0x0.st/XXnX.txt

and here is my response when I run mailspring via terminal:

[3443:0505/190026.022691:ERROR:gbm_wrapper.cc(255)] Failed to export buffer to dma_buf: No such file or directory (2)
[3443:0505/190026.022819:ERROR:gbm_wrapper.cc(255)] Failed to export buffer to dma_buf: No such file or directory (2)
[3443:0505/190026.022945:ERROR:gbm_wrapper.cc(255)] Failed to export buffer to dma_buf: No such file or directory (2)
[3443:0505/190026.023071:ERROR:gbm_wrapper.cc(255)] Failed to export buffer to dma_buf: No such file or directory (2)
[3443:0505/190030.048941:ERROR:gl_surface_presentation_helper.cc(260)] GetVSyncParametersIfAvailable() failed for 1 times!
[3443:0505/190030.062334:ERROR:gl_surface_presentation_helper.cc(260)] GetVSyncParametersIfAvailable() failed for 2 times!
[3443:0505/190031.884116:ERROR:gl_surface_presentation_helper.cc(260)] GetVSyncParametersIfAvailable() failed for 3 times!
[3399:0505/190101.206134:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(623)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KWallet.isEnabled: object_path= /modules/kwalletd: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name is not activatable
[3399:0505/190101.206160:ERROR:kwallet_dbus.cc(100)] Error contacting kwalletd (isEnabled)
[3399:0505/190101.206236:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(623)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KLauncher.start_service_by_desktop_name: object_path= /KLauncher: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name is not activatable
[3399:0505/190101.206245:ERROR:kwallet_dbus.cc(72)] Error contacting klauncher to start kwalletd
[3399:0505/190101.206308:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(623)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KWallet.close: object_path= /modules/kwalletd: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name is not activatable
[3399:0505/190101.206316:ERROR:kwallet_dbus.cc(418)] Error contacting kwalletd (close)
Error: Could not call remote method ‘encryptString’. Check that the method signature is correct. Underlying error: Error: Error while decrypting the ciphertext provided to safeStorage.decryptString. Encryption is not available.Underlying stack: Error: Error while decrypting the ciphertext provided to safeStorage.decryptString. Encryption is not available.
at /usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:465:71
at IpcMainImpl. (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:323:27)
at IpcMainImpl.emit (node:events:513:28)
at IpcMainImpl.emit (node:domain:489:12)
at EventEmitter. (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:2:82058)
at EventEmitter.emit (node:events:513:28)
at EventEmitter.emit (node:domain:489:12)

at /usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:468:25
at IpcMainImpl.<anonymous> (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:323:27)
at IpcMainImpl.emit (node:events:513:28)
at IpcMainImpl.emit (node:domain:489:12)
at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:2:82058)
at EventEmitter.emit (node:events:513:28)
at EventEmitter.emit (node:domain:489:12) {

cause: {
stack: ‘Error: Error while decrypting the ciphertext provided to safeStorage.decryptString. Encryption is not available.\n’ +
’ at /usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:465:71\n’ +
’ at IpcMainImpl. (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:323:27)\n’ +
’ at IpcMainImpl.emit (node:events:513:28)\n’ +
’ at IpcMainImpl.emit (node:domain:489:12)\n’ +
’ at EventEmitter. (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:2:82058)\n’ +
’ at EventEmitter.emit (node:events:513:28)\n’ +
’ at EventEmitter.emit (node:domain:489:12)',
message: ‘Error while decrypting the ciphertext provided to safeStorage.decryptString. Encryption is not available.’
}
} { pluginIds: }
(node:3399) [DEP0066] DeprecationWarning: OutgoingMessage.prototype._headers is deprecated
(Use mailspring --trace-deprecation ... to show where the warning was created)

klauncher (/usr/lib/kf5/klauncher) somehow does not run on my machine regardless of that it should be started by kdeinit or kinit process so mailspring can’t deliver data to kwalletd via it. I tried to run it manually but won’t run because it has to be run by kdeinit or kinit process (main Plasma process) and I tried as an autostart script but also failed due to mentioned reason I suppose. How to solve this issue?

If you are up to date in your updates then you shouldn’t even have kinit installed as that was a plasma 5 thing and is no longer used in plasma 6. I don’t even have it installed.

My Plasma version is 6.0.4, but still have issues. Do you use mailspring maybe?

I used to, but not anymore. Anyways, since you are on plasma 6. The vast majority of the plasma 5 stuff isn’t used anymore. That was what I was trying to get across.

You mean mailspring uses Plasma 5?

If it is making a call to a kf5 library then yes. It needs to be updated to contact kwallet in plasma 6. Also are you on Wayland or X11? I saw some dma stuff in the logs and was wandering if there were also some Wayland relate issues going on.

Edit: Also I’m not sure if they are using any special kde specific code anymore, but I believe they used to. However kwallet provides a secret service interface now, so they should be able to just use that if they aren’t already.

klauncher is in kf5 folder, so klauncher should be updated not mailspring, because klauncher either does not work under Plasma 6, beside that, klauncher is a part of package:

extra/kinit. That’s:

pkgfile klauncher 

response, so also kinit package should be aligned with Plasma 6

Usually I use Wayland, but I tried both, same issue with mailspring in both environments

How to avoid a use of klauncher and kwalletd for mailspring, which files configuration files should be reconfigured and how if you know maybe?

You can’t avoid them. There is no configuration. The app itself needs to be updated if it is calling those libs.

1 Like

What is a good replacement email client for mailspring which has read receipt functionality as well, if you know? I tried Geary (can’t connect to Outlook or Gmail service), Prospect mail, Mailbird (installation via wine but could not install), Evolution, Bluemail but none of them has that functionality mailspring does. Currently, I’m using Mozilla Thunderbird which uses Mail Sent Notifier. I did not try Franz mail client

I also use thunderbird. I was checking the mailspring forumns to see if anyone else had the issue you are experiencing. Do you have the Use KWallet for the Secret Service interface box checked in system settings?

Do you have the Use KWallet for the Secret Service interface box checked in system settings?

Yes, and each time I login kwallet password window autostarts and asks for kwalletd password. I assume, because kwalletd is then open during a login session and then is not needed from kwalletd to demand password each time before some app is open

I found this on the mailspring forums

Some people says it worked for them and others say it didn’t help. It might be worth a try.

Another user mentioned having to delete the config directory in conjunction with editing the desktop file in order to get it to work. All in all, if the mailspring forums are anything to go by. Lots of plasma6 mailsping users have been having this problem and I doubt there is anything you can do on the user side if these suggestions don’t work.

I already saw that, but in EndeavourOS is libsecret-1 instead of gnome-libsecret because libsecret-1.so is a library file, I think. I tried it now and it does not work, I tried also term libsecret as well before I used term libsecret-1 but it’s same response as I got it without use of parameter of --password-store.

I will try to install mailspring for Windows via Wine, if I succeed and it works as it should I resolved my problem then

Mailspring for Windows doesn’t work in EndeavourOS

I figured it wouldn’t, but was wondering how that would go.