Mageia 9 on the horizon?

I am quite tempted to do so. :slight_smile:

However at the moment I am looking into the Nobara Project which is interesting too.

And thank you for the information @dalto !

looks also interesting :slight_smile: could not find out yet if it is a rolling distro or not :slight_smile:
I have this issue wanting rolling distros, I guess it is in me, some psychological
driver for those, but I won’t contact a doctor and will not investigate it
any deeper :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is based on Fedora so it shouldn’t be rolling.

However, Fedora’s upgrade pace is fairly fast so it will usually have reasonably new packages.

1 Like

Nobara gives you development releases of some packages like mesa.

2 Likes

Right, it is not rolling and as far as I have read in their discord they follow the Fedora release cycle.

Nobara aims to be a “Fedora usable out of the box”, so the repositories for nonfree software are included by default and the otherwise missing codecs are included in the installation too. However they also make clear that they are not to be considered as a Fedora spin, instead they are an independent project.

Apart from that the developer (Glorious Eggroll) has obviously gaming in mind. So many gaming-relevant packages are already installed and as @mrvictory said some packages like mesa are developement releases. The kernel is tweaked for this too.

All this is further described on their website: https://nobaraproject.org/

1 Like

I only play X-Plane 11, and it is a native Linux game, enjoying it very much, runs
without problems everywhere, on EOS, RebornOs, but maybe when
I have time I also would like to find some games on steam, concerning exploration
and science. But as I said it is also a question of free time : - )