Lutris not working / Steam does

So for some reason I cannot start/launch lutris games anymore
Both (league of legends/trackmania) broke at the same time
All steam games run without any issues (see video)

(since streamable didnt work)

Is this a know bug? Or any Ideas what could cause this?
Also tell me what you need about my system since I don’t know what do include

0118:err:kerberos:kerberos_LsaApInitializePackage no Kerberos support, expect problems
Probably the main reason why trackmania isnt launching anymore

[1105/221124.614:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(228)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 0 [1105/221124.998:ERROR:dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc(1440)] DXVAVDA fatal error: could not LoadLibrary: msmpeg2vdec.dll: Module not found. (0x7E) [1105/221125.079:ERROR:gl_surface_egl.cc(780)] EGL Driver message (Critical) eglInitialize: No available renderers. [1105/221125.079:ERROR:gl_surface_egl.cc(1373)] eglInitialize D3D11 failed with error EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED, trying next display type [1105/221125.096:ERROR:gpu_process_host.cc(1002)] GPU process exited unexpectedly: exit_code=3 [1105/221125.096:WARNING:gpu_process_host.cc(1316)] The GPU process has crashed 1 time(s)

and thats the reason why league of legends wont run anymore

I dont know what these mean or what I can do about it but I will learn :slight_smile:

What browser are you using?

Check the forums on lutrus. I think you could be missing something. Some wine versions don’t work… etc. I’m not a gamer but it’s most like platform specific.

Yeah I googled it yesterday
Wine is properly installed I think I even reinstalled it and for league of legends there is a specific proton version I cannot really change that (someone suggested to change the proton version to then be able to launch but that won’t help)
Some other guy suggested to downgrade to the 470xx drivers again :sweat_smile:
And also the logs always printed at the top that it couldn’t recognize my GPU

It could be the 495xx drivers but i don’t know. On a good note i have installed the 5.15 kernel from testing and no issues with my nvidia card. Some users with older cards is not working. So you shouldn’t have an issue with the next kernel hopefully.

I did a bit of testing today
And I got to the point where its completely random if it works or not

Gaming platforms are kind of their own thing. There was new mesa out and soon the 5.15 kernel and you have the latest Nvidia so sometimes these gaming platforms take time to fix issues. Or you have to do other certain specific things on those platforms in order to get them to work. Just don’t mess up your Eos install! :wink:

Yeah I wont :joy:
Basically the issues sometimes occur and on the next reboot they wont and then again and so on
I will just wait for a fix or just dont play the game anymore
In fact I play way less since I am on Linux :sweat_smile:

Also quick off topic question
Should I install Eos on my server too
since I want to switch on linux there too and Eos is a great distro But I am not 100% sure if its a good call
What would you suggest?

What is your server? Not sure what your are doing. What is on it now?

its just a basic old server that my father gave me (nothing special) and its also not a rack server
im just using it as a dedicated server for games

and it is currently still on windows 10 (which i dont want to use anymore xD)

A lot of people probably wouldn’t recommend using Arch based as a sever but it’s your system so you’re the one who has to deal with it if it breaks. I don’t do much of those things like gaming, or music or backing up data. I guess it all depends on how things are set up and how you are going to use it so if it does break you can still access your stuff another way? Not sure what to tell you.

Okay thank you anyway I will probably install Eos and see how it goes! :smiley: