Lutris not launching

Hi again sorry to bother,
Lutris was working great before, but i messed up my python installation when i tried to install python 3.10 (which i needed it for stable diffusion to work) and now lutris would’t launch at all.
lutris -d gives the following response

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/lutris”, line 61, in
from lutris.gui.application import Application # pylint: disable=no-name-in-module
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘lutris’

How did you install Python 3.10? Was it on the host or inside a virtualenv? The version in repos is 3.11.8 and thats what Lutris probably expects when installed via Pacman.

apologies for the late reply.

in order to install 3.10 i used the following commands

wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.10.0/Python-3.10.0.tgz

tar -xzvf Python-3.10.0.tgz

cd Python-3.10.0

./configure

make sudo make install

i still have python 3.11 installed which is the output of python --version,
i merely specified python3.10 for the stable diffusion script.

1 Like

I sadly don’t know if this has caused harm or is the reason for Lutris issue. Normally, sudo make install is not something you’d run unless you totally know what you’re doing.

I installed Lutris on an updated system and it works here.

Try running sudo pacman -Syu lutris python and then checking if Lutris works. Otherwise I’m afraid, I don’t have much idea about this issue.

1 Like

Alright I’ll try it out once i go home, i already made a system snapshot using timeshift before installing python3.10 so I’ll restore it, although this method had worked on Fedora 39 with Lutris running as intended before i made tge switch to EndeavourOS recently hence i thought there would be a solution…
Thank you so much for your help, wish you the best.

1 Like

try installing python310 from the AUR, also I think you can do make altinstall with python if you want it from source