Loss of Monitor Signal and Input After Wake-up/Idle

I usually leave my PC on while I attend to other business. Often the PC is doing something in the background when left (e.g. MakeMKV ripping a DVD).

For the last day or so when I resume use after a significant period, the PC begins to wake up, but then freezes on the login screen. Mouse and keyboard input don’t work. Then both monitors turn off due to lack of signal. I believe the system is still running because the rest of the PC is still functioning (fans, RGB, etc.). But I can’t get into TTY2 (or maybe I can but just can’t see it because the monitors insist there is no signal), and so I have to reboot manually with the case power button. This fixes the problem until the next time I leave it unattended.

I am fully up to date. I fixed the GRUB issue myself. Below is neofetch and some log files if those are helpful. Any insight you all could give would be most appreciated.

Host: Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
Kernel: 5.19.6-arch1-1
Uptime: 11 mins
Packages: 1196 (pacman), 15 (flatpak)
Shell: bash 5.1.16
Resolution: 2560x1440, 2560x1440
DE: Plasma 5.25.4
WM: KWin
Theme: Breath Light [Plasma], Breeze [GTK2/3]
Icons: [Plasma], breeze [GTK2/3]
Terminal: konsole
CPU: Intel i5-9400F (6) @ 4.100GHz
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 XT
Memory: 3762MiB / 32033MiB

(https://clbin.com/kCzLn)

I’m gonna guess you upgraded your kernel and/or video drivers.

If I did the video drivers I don’t remember, but I probably did the kernel. Should I fallback to the LTS and remove the latest kernel?

I’d certainly at least fall back to the last working kernel. It’s the obvious thing to try.

So…did it help?

It hasn’t happened since. I’m going to let it run tonight. It’s ripping a DVD now so we’ll see in the morning.

Could it be, the pc goes into suspend before any such background task is finished? That would explain why the session crashes then.

Just a thought.