Long time lurker, first time caller

Hello EOS Community!

Been lurking the forums for a while now and figured it was time to sign up. First, a huge thank you to everyone who has posted helping others. I’ve been running Endeavour since June 2022 and have used the forums plenty of times to troubleshoot my own issues. Like many, this distro stopped my days of distro-hopping every couple months. I’ve tried Fedora, Pop! OS, and Linux Mint. All had their goods and bads, but I’m happily settled in here.

I’m a relatively uninvolved user. The majority of my computer use is surfing the internet, buying unnecessary stuff from Amazon, and using Google Earth for digital scouting. I’m technically competent enough to google and solve most of my issues, but pretty much useless without internet. My day job also involves using servers running CentOS, so I’ve been diving into Linux a little deeper lately.

4 Likes

You sound like the overwhelming majority of all computer users. Welcome to the fourms!

2 Likes

Be welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome @Refund6301

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
ComplicatedWildKitten-small

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Refund6301 :wave: Enjoy the purple ride :enos_flag:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Refund6301 :enos: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

welcome to the purpelized fun :enos:

3 Likes

Welcome @Refund6301 hope you enjoy using endeavour os as much as I do, have had next to zero issues since day 1 that I haven’t been able to solve on my own

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, have fun in this great community. In my experience, EOS doesn’t require much care once it’s properly configured to your needs after installation. One of the most stable distributions I’ve ever seen, because I’ve been a distro hopper for a long time, but even today I still get the urge to try out a distribution that looks interesting. And by the way, you can also ask general Linux questions about other distributions here.

1 Like

Sounds like you are on the right path!