Login freezes on Keyboard or mouse use

Also: If the Installer runs off a USB, and everything works, the OS installs to disk seemingly without a problem either, then I would think the hardware is supported… and the system is capable of running an OS (I did some hardware checks too: All clear). So all I can think of is that it does have to do with some change to the kernel or other part of Linux.

Wouldn’t the logs of the installed system be the ones we should focus on? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I mean Atlantis installed, it’s just that when booting to it, it freezes :cold_face: on the login screen.

If you have logs from Atlantis, that’s OK too.

I’m still wondering if some settings or drivers are setup differently on the latest ISO and on the installed system.

1 Like

Just chiming in, that some distros (not EndeavourOS as far as I know) simply will not boot from Ventoy btw. Same with *BSD (GhostBSD does, that may be the only one). It’s convenient, but assume it’s the problem in booting if there is a problem.

but assume it’s the problem in booting if there is a problem

Of course, but I used the Ventoy drive it to install the OS, it’s only that newly added ISO’s to it, won’t boot, but the ones that were already on it do!?!?!? So it probably is something new in the file system handling somewhere, as the computer I used to add the ISO’s, is up to date EOS, and so are most likely Atlantis and Apollo. There are workarounds for making and booting to the install media, so not a problem. If I absolutely have to run the installer again, then I will figure that part out.

What IS important is why the OS installed on the system freezes at login, after the file system drivers… are probably already loaded, and the system booted that far in the first place, and not whether I can boot to an install media. Also: The keyboard, mouse, USB… all work too in all other cases, so even if the trigger, not the actual problem.

It’s a brain teaser! :crazy_face:

Well, I made a new Ventoy disk, and there were in fact changes. I never had it updated since I installed it via a script.

Now the Apollo installer just launched, and now it froze :cold_face: too!!!

Well, now I wonder if it is a hardware issue, so any pointers to what could have changed in the kernel/drivers, X-org, Wayland… that may effect the mouse and keyboard movement would help, if anyone is aware of any.

Meanwhile I will go through the hardware checking routines when I get a chance.