Location of the "tray" config file for sway

Hey guys,

I’ve switched recently from the xfce4 install to a clean sway edition and so far things are looking good, memory usage is down and with my master :wink: ricing skills I managed to accomplish the huge task of configuring waybar the way I like it.

One thing bugs me: the nm-applet in the tray is not the same color as the rest of the waybar modules and it looks odd.

Can someone point me in the direction of the config file where I could edit the looks of the tray items?

Thank you!

As far as I know, the tray icons are using the icon theme that is defined in the following file:

~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

For example I’m using

gtk-icon-theme-name=Papirus-Light

So you need to install your preferred icon theme and change them inside this setting file. The problem with this, is, you might not find a theme that fits your riced system.

I’m not 100% sure this is the answer, though.

1 Like

Thank you!

It makes sense that the tray uses the gtk-icon theme, of course… why didn’t I think of that? :stuck_out_tongue:
A workaround could be to use the nmtui with the “network” module that also comes with the waybar.
Downside to that is that it is not a GUI widget, but… hey, that one I can make match the waybar style much more easier.