Live environment does not show image

I already have Endevour OS installed on my Laptop but now I also want to daily drive it on my PC. I have made the boot drive using then newest update (EndeavourOS_Gemini-2024.04.20). I disabled Secure Boot as usual and choose the default option. The Log came and i saw a black screen but with a white cursor of my mouse. So i can use the mouse but can’t see anything else. Then i tried with the Nvidea. Same problem also here. Does anyone know why? I have a RTX 3060 ti in my system.

Thanks for the help.

You shouldn’t have a problem booting it using Nvidia in the menu from the live ISO. How did you create the ISO?

I downloaded it from the site and used Rufus to flash it onto my drive.

I assume you did that on Windows? :thinking: Maybe reflash it from your laptop that has endeavouros on it with popsicle.

Edit: popsicle is in the AUR.

Currently I don’t have access to my Endevour Laptop (its at work) but ill try it using my raspberry pi. But why doesn’t it work using Windows? 1 Month ago it worked with my laptop. Is this with the new version?

Sometimes Rufus doesn’t work because of the way it writes the partitions to the usb? Not exactly sure why.

Edit: My explanation may not be correct but that’s just the way it looks to me. It could also be another issue but it’s a place to start. If you get the same result then it may not be rufus either.

Okay, interesting. Before I tried it using Balena Etcher but that would give me an Error every time. I am going to try it tomorrow because it is already late at my place. But thank you for your help.

As i say it could be something else also. It’s just a suggestion to try. I have eos installed with an nvidia GTX 1060 and I tested the latest ISO and had no issue with it booting on it. I tend to create my ISO’s with popsicle on endeavouros but i have used etcher on Windows many times without issue also.

popsicle is in the AUR.

The easiest way on windows is Fedora media writer by far.

You can get it here and instead of choosing Fedora just search and load whatever iso you want and write it.

It works on Mac Windows and Linux.

https://fedoraproject.org/fmw/FedoraMediaWriter-win32-latest.exe

updated with photo:

3 Likes

Ventoy could also be an alternative to test.

Ventoy sometimes simply doesn’t work for some iso files. It is a good idea if you want to have more than one iso at hand and you test that it works, but for one iso it is overkill and can introduce errors while trying to run the iso.

1 Like

basically… all of them should work, in most cases rare reports about issues on some hardware configurations are indeed reported.
Discovery has this article where you will get most info also to create install media under Windows:

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/installation/create-install-media-usb-key/2021/03/

In most case the issue is that the ISO file is big and to write it to USB media will need time, syncing to flash storage can take up to 10 Minutes in case.
If you do not sync the ISO file completely, it will, may try to boot but will fail on the one or other random place in the process of booting and may also installation or general usage on the live session.