Linux Sucks 2024 was absolutely wild

He didn’t even mention vaxry being banned from contributing on freedesktop because of a conversation on discord from a few years ago that he wasn’t even a part of, that was how wild this was. :clown_face:

The last linux sucks I watched was back when he was having trouble getting the slides to show because linux just sucked that way, that was a long time ago. This time things are so bad that he didn’t even get around to talking about how shit wayland is because it just wasn’t bad enough to make the cut. (Wayland not bad enough, now there’s a string of words I never thought I’d put together! :laughing: )

I’m thinking when Linus retires maybe it’ll be a good idea to move to BSD.

2 Likes

“I won’t get political”
Proceeds on half an hour of political yapping…

“We don’t get Linux news”
Proceeds to exclusively speak about money and employment…

“All those companies that go against openness”
“Ubuntu is so innovative about trying this new ‘immutable’ thing”
Meanwhile every other distribution he just shat on (eg Fedora, openSuse) doing immutability earlier and with more open infrastructure.

I don’t even disagree with some of the things he says, but god damn has he gone completely off the rails. I don’t even understand why people still watch that guy, let alone take him seriously :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You and me both.

“I won’t get political”
Proceeds on half an hour of political yapping…

I thought that was funny too. But no he hasn’t gone off the rails, he’s absolutely right. You were never supposed take him too seriously though, but that doesn’t make him wrong either.