Linux 5.9 kernel released

Indeed, same here. All good so far.

1 Like

As much as Windoze? :rofl:

2 Likes

Almost.

1 Like

No 5.9 kernel here! :thinking:

both my Matebook and desktop found the update immediately, had to switch mirrors on my Latitude in order to find the update

I got the update, but I am waiting for the AUR driver. If that does not get updated, I’m in trouble with this computer.

3 Likes

Released today and we are already running it, I think this is just brilliant.

4 Likes

It’s obvious that the mirrors that i am using to download arch from haven’t been updated yet! :angry:

Screenshot_20201017_152027

Did you try updating the databases? Updating the mirrors didn’t do the trick, nut the second the databases were updated I was offered the updates.

Like this you mean?

[ricklinux@eos-plasma ~]$ sudo pacman -Syyu
[sudo] password for ricklinux: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                  131.5 KiB  4.94 MiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 extra                1639.1 KiB  32.0 MiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 community               5.2 MiB  55.9 MiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 multilib              155.4 KiB  0.00   B/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 endeavouros            13.8 KiB   133 KiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
[ricklinux@eos-plasma ~]$ 

I used the Pamac GUI to update the databases, but then used Konsole to do the actual installs.

I tried that and also a few other mirrors without getting carried away and i got some alsa update i think but nothing more.

Try adding the german mirrors, that did the trick over here.

1 Like

Nvidia users be aware that official 5.9 support is about a month out and OpenCL/Cuda will be broken on 5.9

8 Likes

Shiny Goodness on 2 machines, both fully Intel and fully EnOS :smile:

Everything went well, but there were problems with the mirror

Germany

Server = https://mirror.fra10.de.leaseweb.net/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch

but Reflector Simple set this always on the 1st place. Doesn’t seem to be the best way of ranking.

All clear :hugs:

2020-10-17-16:57:38-screenshot

1 Like

I did add Germany and it still didn’t pick it up. I’m sure i’ll get it soon.

Edit: It’s here now! :purple_heart:

[ricklinux@eos-plasma ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for ricklinux: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                  131.4 KiB  5.58 MiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 extra                1638.4 KiB  48.5 MiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 community               5.2 MiB  74.3 MiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 multilib is up to date
 endeavouros is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (3) linux-5.9.1.arch1-1  linux-headers-5.9.1.arch1-1
             virtualbox-host-modules-arch-6.1.14-11

Total Download Size:    96.54 MiB
Total Installed Size:  202.45 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        2.50 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
2 Likes

Yep—I see that. Installed 5.9 & nVidia is broken–rebooted into the LTS kernel for now.