Woot!

Good luck testing team. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Fast!

1 Like

Trying it out…

5 Likes

What’s the benefit of 5.12?

Mostly appears to be hardware updates and additions. Most of the hardware it helps is hard to get, anyway! A few things for monitor syncing too…

3 Likes

well thats kind of them. those crypto miners shouldnt have to pay for an windows 10 too after buying all that fancy equipment. I mean they can just now d/l and install linux to support their fancy mining cards

What made you think they would pay for Win10? They are out to MAKE money… :grin:

3 Likes

see this
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.12-Released

also part for read/write blocks should be a little better

5.12 borks with a segfault for my Asus Rog strix g531. LTS kernel works fine.

New kernels usually stay in testing until first point release, so …

This.

2 Likes

Linux-Cacule

if tested mostly the whole night with several patches, configs, and mostly 20 different kernel builds the new release and its running great so far!

Take a watch here. :slight_smile:

When will this become available?

It’s already available in the testing repo.

2 Likes

Further to the borkage on my laptop under 5.12; I have found that by removing “irqpoll” from my Grub parameters I get a boot going.

Further info for those interested:

^ the Kernel Panic

in my /etc/default/grub:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet irqpoll intel_pstate=disable loglevel=3 nvidia-drm.modeset=1 reboot=acpi”

Most of that is to get the various Optimus hardware bits working in this machine. I haven’t found anything online yet relating to changes with 5.12 and IRQ pollling.

2 Likes

I’m also running it and haven’t found any issue so far on Ryzen with AMD graphics,

1 Like

sudo inxi -Fxzmc0

System:    Kernel: 5.12.0-arch1-1 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 Desktop: MATE 1.24.2 Distro: Arch Linux 
Machine:   Type: Desktop System: Gigabyte product: AB350M-DS3H v: N/A serial: N/A 
           Mobo: Gigabyte model: AB350M-DS3H-CF v: x.x serial: N/A UEFI-[Legacy]: American Megatrends v: F50d date: 07/02/2020 

seems fine on arch.

1 Like

Works good on EndeavourOS

System:
  Kernel: 5.12.0-arch1-1 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 
  Console: tty pts/2 Distro: EndeavourOS base: Arch Linux 
Machine:
  Type: Desktop Mobo: Micro-Star model: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C37) v: 2.0 
  serial: <filter> UEFI: American Megatrends LLC. v: A.C0 date: 01/25/2021 
2 Likes

Right now, no issues at all.

5.12 Test

this is my first major kernel upgrade since i installed EOS. do major versions usually take this long to hit the core repos? core is still on 5.11.16.arch1-1 , while 5.12.1.arch1-1 is already in testing.

3 Likes