Limited connectivity after sleep/hibernate

I’m not sure if this is just limited to KDE or not, but I figured I’d start here since I’m having trouble getting GTK based desktop environments to run nicely to test other network managers.

Every time I put my PC to sleep/hibernate, I get stuck with limited connectivity and eventually a disconnect from my home network until I restart my machine. Restarting the network manager doesn’t fix the problem, and it doesn’t give me any error notifications. This is a recent problem.

Any ideas what could be going on?

To start examining this, we need more info from the machine.
You can use e.g. eos-log-tool and with the default settings click the OK button and show the resulting address here.

Woops, sorry about that.

eos-log-tool was not generating any links in the .config/eos-log-tool folder, so here’s the pastebin link for the log

I did manage to get a few errors to pop up, those included things such as “missing vpn plugin” and “failed to get secrets”. I’m not running any VPN services.

Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
    vendor: ASRock driver: r8168 v: 8.049.02-NAPI port: c000 bus-ID: 07:00.0
    chip-ID: 10ec:8168
  IF: enp7s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>

The Ethernet card is running on r8168. If you can test the Ethernet card on the r8169 kernel module and see if it works right then you can uninstall the r8168 package after.

Thanks. That worked, and everything seems to be running smooth. This whole exchange has just reminded me exactly how out of date my hardware is these days…

I’ve been really meaning to upgrade, but hardware has been crazy expensive for, like, half a decade now.