Lightdm tapping and numlock

Hello,

Since I installed EndeavourOS two things bother me: no numeric keyboard and no touchpad under lightdm.
So here are two solutions (sorry if it’s already online but I couldn’t find it in the forum).

For the numeric keypad, install numlockx then add this to /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf in the “[Seat:*]” section

greeter-setup-script=/usr/bin/numlockx on

To taping add the option in /usr/share/x11/xorg.conf.d/40.libinput.conf, in the touchpad section:

Option “Tapping” “on”

You can also most certainly create a custom file with only this section under /etc/x11/xorg.conf.d

5 Likes

I take it this is a laptop? It would be helpful to have some more information such as make and model.

1 Like

I took the liberty of correcting the spelling in the title so that this topic could more easily be searched and found.

These are great tips, so thank you for contributing this information.

4 Likes

Yes it is.

Machine:
Type: Laptop System: HP product: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx v: N/A
serial: 5CD9320X7G Chassis: type: 10 serial: 5CD9320X7G
Mobo: HP model: 8615 v: 46.24 serial: PJABC028JCL126 UEFI: AMI v: F.42
CPU:
Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Zen+ rev: 1 L2 cache: 2048 KiB

But I’m pretty sure it’s the same with all touchpads. I had to do this kind of tuning on other laptops running PrimTux which is a Debian designed for primary schools and pre-schools ( https://primtux.fr/ ).

It seems to me that since desktop environments support mouse and touchpad settings, these are usually not done in x11.

Right. I use Xfce and both settings are configured with the Settings Manager.

Small precision it is X11 with a capital letter and not x11 with a lower case. Sorry for the mistake.