Lightdm manager

Somehow I screwed up lightdm while trying to re-boot into my endeavour os
So i am wondering if some one can send me the folder from their root/etc I have no idea if this could work as I did try to download from github with no success
Thank you in advance

lightdm.conf

[Seat:*]
[LightDM]
run-directory=/run/lightdm

greeter-session=lightdm-slick-greeter
user-session=xfce
session-wrapper=/etc/lightdm/Xsession

[XDMCPServer]

[VNCServer]

slick-greeter.conf

[Greeter]
background=/usr/share/endeavouros/backgrounds/endeavouros-wallpaper.png
draw-user-backgrounds=false
draw-grid=true
theme-name=Arc-Dark
icon-theme-name=Qogir
cursor-theme-name=Qogir
cursor-theme-size=16
show-a11y=false
show-power=false
background-color=#000000

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for that info but I don’t understand what I suppose to do, I cannot get into endeavour at all even thru tty2 or 3 Sorry for not understanding

The files I gave you are from /etc/lightdm. If you can’t get in via your normal login, then you’ll need to use Arch chroot: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Chroot. Once you’re in, you can mount your root filesystem and make the necessary changes.

Hi,
First of all it’s difficult for me to see what you “messed up”. When i am doing a fresh endeavour install this is what i do with lightdm

sudo pacman -S --noconfirm lightdm lightdm-slick-greeter

sudo cp -p /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.org;sudo vim /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

go to greeter-session=example-gtk-gnome and replace with
greeter-session=lightdm-slick-greeter

sudo systemctl enable lightdm.service

Hope it works for you

I had the same problem 3-4 days ago after updating with EOS XFCE and a Thinkpad T400. It took umpteen attempts to get to tty2. I always had to try 2-3 times in a row. Sometimes the login to tty2 appeared briefly, but disappeared again. But at some point it succeeded.

Since I do not use a login manager on all other computers for exactly this reason for ages, I shot lightdm into the eternal data nirvana and adjusted .bash_profile and .xinitrc accordingly.

Problem banished for all time. Who really needs this login picture…