Libreoffice don't open!

I installed libreoffice ( still-fr) through pacman -without any error msg - , but when I try to launch it , the first image of libreoffice appers 1/1 0s and after nothing , impossible to launch it … I never met with matter with any other linux : mint/mx,arch…
Any idea please?

Can you launch libreoffice from the terminal and post the error messages so that we can see what the issue is?

1 Like

Trough the terminal or the menu,it’s the same:no messages

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Libreoffice just in case something went south during the install ?
Cheers

If you have no errors, we have no place to start.

1 Like

here the msg with --v option :slight_smile: /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.71: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
when I type Ss libicuuc the reply is lib32-uci installed , then …

What says

pacman -Qi icu

?

result
Nom : icu
Version : 70.1-1
Description : International Components for Unicode library
Architecture : x86_64
URL : https://icu.unicode.org
Licences : custom:icu
Groupes : –
Fournit : libicudata.so=70-64 libicui18n.so=70-64 libicuio.so=70-64
libicutest.so=70-64 libicutu.so=70-64 libicuuc.so=70-64
Dépend de : gcc-libs sh
Dépendances opt. : –
Requis par : bind boost-libs harfbuzz-icu lib32-icu libcdr libmspub
libreoffice-still libvisio libxml2 raptor smbclient tracker3
webkit2gtk xfsprogs
Optionnel pour : –
Est en conflit avec : –
Remplace : –
Taille installée : 38,75 MiB
Paqueteur : Andreas Radke andyrtr@archlinux.org
Compilé le : dim. 21 nov. 2021 21:45:28
Installé le : ven. 17 déc. 2021 12:33:29
Motif d’installation : Installé comme dépendance d’un autre paquet
Script d’installation : Non
Validé par : Signature

Is your system totally updated?

Your icu package is out of date.

3 Likes

I had a problem and reisntalled today and update through the menu ; but as I had a conflict with jack 2 , the update was not made
I cleared the conflict - as per forum - and relaunch the update - through the terminal - it takes a lot of time

I had a problem and reisntalled today and update through the menu ; but as I had a conflict with jack 2 , the update was not made
I cleared the conflict - as per forum - and relaunch the update - through the terminal - it takes a lot of time but it works not !
Thanks for the help
Not so easy finally to manage Endeavour,

Run

sudo pacman -Syu

in a terminal to update your system.

:cake:

1 Like

Either this is due to the internet connection of your provider or the speed you have booked in general or you are using the wrong mirror. Before the update you could try Reflector-Simple in App-MenuSystem or with

reflector-simple

in the terminal to update the list according to the default settings.

This is probably not your problem, but I ran ClamTK and deleeted some PUP that happened to belong to LibreOffice, and it would not run at all.

Yes, I’m an idiot sometimes. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I doubt if that is necessary or useful in a Linux desktop.

Because ClamAV’s main use is on file/mail servers for Windows desktops, it primarily detects Windows viruses and malware with its built-in signatures.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/ClamAV

1 Like

Please go back in time five years, and tell the even more Linux noob me that. :rofl:

1 Like

ahh… you used a older iso?

They must have. And offline on top of it.