Lib issues: pacman warns me about library issues

Output from pacman:

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libKF5Attica.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: /usr/lib/libxatracker.so.2 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libLLVM.so is truncated

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libxatracker.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libKF5Attica.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libproxy.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libLLVM-13.so is truncated

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libgo.so.19 is truncated

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libgo.so.19.0.0 is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libproxy.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libproxy.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: /usr/lib/libxatracker.so.2.5.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libLLVM-13.0.0.so is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libKF5Attica.so.5.89.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libgo.so is truncated

ldconfig

> sudo ldconfig
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libKF5Attica.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: /usr/lib/libxatracker.so.2 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libLLVM.so is truncated

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libxatracker.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libKF5Attica.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libproxy.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libLLVM-13.so is truncated

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libgo.so.19 is truncated

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libgo.so.19.0.0 is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libproxy.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libproxy.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: /usr/lib/libxatracker.so.2.5.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libLLVM-13.0.0.so is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libKF5Attica.so.5.89.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libgo.so is truncated

How can I solve this issue?

what is happend… a updated and blackout ? or a power failieur ?

you see the path…

look with pkgfile or pacman -Qo the owner like

pkgfile /usr/lib/libproxy.so
or pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libproxy.so

you see the owner(s) try to reinstall those…

What were you trying to do? Do you have the entire command of what you ran to get that? We’re you updating/installing something? This only provides one very small piece to what we need to know to even begin to help.

This exactly!

It was updating and I had to power off the computer for something.

The problem now is some apps don’t work. I had to reinstall nvidia drivers, anki, and qt5 for now. I don’t know which other apps are not working any more. Maybe if the problems shown by ldconfig are solved everything will go back to normal?

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libproxy.so didn’t work. Always responds saying no package own it. pkgfile saved the day.

I reinstalled all those packages pointed out by pkgfile and now the complaints from ldconfig are zero.

I will get back to this thread if I notice something not working in this regard.

@fbodymechanic

probably look bit deepeer eventual look if there is more updates there … but that can happend, was once updated my laptop… and suddenly it switches of lol; couldn’t start the laptop… but i resumed it with iso and make the update full…

do some things for grubs and kernel up generally i reupdated the system probably i think reinstalled all lol packages wise… but laptop is stil runnin

Not a good idea in the middle of an update. Better wait until update is done, with the exception your machine is on fire. :wink:

Ya. Seriously this should be an absolute last resort unless the other option renders the machine physically unusable.

Duly noted!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.