Let's have a drink together! What's in your glass today?

There we go! Right on the bleeding edge!

I mean. I backup files and photos. Just not the OS. Chroot is too easy to waste the disk space.

1 Like

Nowadays I do the same as well. Only personal data and config files. No snapshooting of the the system anymore. I am rather conservative in tinkering and tweaking and also drink moderately (with some exceptions sometimes). :wink: :smile:

1 Like

PXL_20221122_001932489

2 Likes

Characteristic rye taste, a little bite, but definitely a go to rye.

2 Likes

Let’s have a drink together! What’s in your glass helmet today?

6 Likes

Oh man, I need a friggin’ beer!

I’ve been away from learning and experiementing with Linux, and Linux as a whole, for a few years, because I started studying again as an adult and just didn’t have the time any longer.

But now there’s no school until january, so I figured I’d learn how to set up an ideal btrfs arch installation from scratch, with snapper, snapshots, no helper configuration files from the AUR, documenting every single step in my notes.

That was 5 hours ago, and now I’m about halfway! There seems to be a variety of outdated and conflicting guides out there to a btrfs and snapper setup, so you have to mix and match to get a basic understanding, and to get what you want. OK, at least I hope to be ready for the virgin boot into a DE in a few more hours, unless I open a few more beers, which seems likely at this point! My head hurts!

Maredsous belgian triple monastery ale. Ahh…thank heavens!

5 Likes

I like Maredsous, it is a very decent Belgian ale. Very refreshing.

2 Likes

That sounds fantastic. I could go for one right about now. Or like 6.

1 Like

2 Likes

I had planned to stay dry this New Year’s Eve, but hell with it…:wink::beer:

Happy New Year!

4 Likes

Solid way to end the year and start off the weekend.

Cheers to 2023

5 Likes

:yum:

4 Likes

I guess only Finns can understand the idea of these labels…:joy:

1 Like

Looks good to me. I read “Lager 4.7%”

1 Like

No en vittu tajua :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good old Bundy Rum OP

3 Likes

Shiga Kogen (Tamamura Honten) Porter!

2 Likes

I only understod “vittu”. :joy:

Pomegranate porter from Kameido Beer. Limited small 20l batch.

3 Likes