Konsole without consolation

After latest updates, and being on KDE-UNSTABLE repo, Konsole won’t start. I am getting:

[onyx@onyx-pc ~]$ konsole
konsole: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkonsoleprivate.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZN11KMessageBox17warningTwoActionsEP7QWidgetRK7QStringS4_RK8KGuiItemS7_S4_6QFlagsINS_6OptionEE

which of course affects everything relying upon konsole, and Kate won’t start because of it.

I reinstalled konsole using yay, but same issue.
Patience, grasshopper? :cricket:

My konsole works fine with latest updates but I’m sure you have some different software than me.

Edit: KDE-UNSTABLE repo

1 Like

Yes, this may be the first time KDE-UNSTABLE has bitten me.

1 Like

Could be a partial update situation. Make sure your system is fully up to date.

1 Like

Yeah, it is unless it’s lying to me. Another few came through this afternoon:

15/18) upgrading qt5-base                                                                                         [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(16/18) upgrading qt5-declarative                                                                                  [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(17/18) upgrading qt5-imageformats                                                                                 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(18/18) upgrading qt5-wayland   

but still same issue.

ls -la /usr/lib/libkonsoleprivate.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Nov  1 12:46  /usr/lib/libkonsoleprivate.so.1    libkonsoleprivate.so.22.08.3

It’s a symlink - looks like konsole needs a different, newer version of libkonsoleprivate.

You can find out if the incompatibility is in the packages of KDE-UNSTABLE by removing (or commenting out) that repo from your /etc/pacman.conf and running

sudo pacman -Syuu

Yes, a roll back to version 2208 works happily.

Next project for borkage? I saw that Unity is available for Archlinux. I despised it when it came on Ubuntu, but am very tempted to try it now on my EnOS :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.