Keyboard of laptop lags at login screen in both kde and gnome de

I have installed latest eos release with regular kernel using ventoy. HP laptop keyboard lags by almost 15 sec at login screen each time I booted system. Pls help

If you don’t do anything for 20 seconds, when you see the login screen, does the keyboard then works as expected?
I couldn’t figur out, from the deep well of infos you give about your computer, DE etc. :smirk:, if it might just be an older computer, that needs a little extra time to start up fully?

Also, have you just installed EOS or did the keyboard use to work and now it lags?

You might want to provide a little info about your computer for everyone, like:
inxi -CSDG

1 Like

keyboard works normal after login. issue arises every time when laptop goes into sleep. laptop have i3 11th gen cpu.

>   >   System:
>   >     Host: hpeos Kernel: 6.1.24-1-lts arch: x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma
>   >       v: 5.27.4 Distro: EndeavourOS
>   >   CPU:
>   >     Info: dual core model: 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 bits: 64 type: MT MCP
>   >       cache: L2: 2.5 MiB
>   >     Speed (MHz): avg: 2165 min/max: 400/4100 cores: 1: 2476 2: 400 3: 2785
>   >       4: 3000
>   >   Graphics:
>   >     Device-1: Intel Tiger Lake-LP GT2 [UHD Graphics G4] driver: i915 v: kernel
>   >     Device-2: Luxvisions Innotech HP TrueVision HD Camera type: USB
>   >       driver: uvcvideo
>   >     Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.8 driver: X: loaded: intel
>   >       unloaded: modesetting dri: i965 gpu: i915 resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
>   >     API: OpenGL v: 4.6 Mesa 23.0.2 renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics (TGL GT2)
>   >   Drives:
>   >     Local Storage: total: 238.47 GiB used: 6.32 GiB (2.7%)
>   >     ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: Micron model: MTFDHBA256TCK-1AS1AABHA
>   >       size: 238.47 GiB

moderator edit for code tags

Must be related to your intel graphics driver setup…

Is the xf86-video-intel driver installed? If so, try removing it and reboot. - Also if not, try installing it and reboot…

Sorry I can’t help you with that any deeper.

Calling in someone who knows better than me:
@ricklinux ?

:v:

1 Like

It doesn’t help

@ricklinux pls help finding a solution

What does this show

xset q

@nir

Do you have a mouse connected? Maybe try boot without the mouse connected and see if it’s any different also.

Not sure if you are using grub or systemd-boot but i would try the following kernel parameter.

usbcore.autosuspend=5

You’ll have to add it depending differently based on whether it’s grub or systemd-boot.

I tried with and without mouse. Doesn’t work.

> Keyboard Control:
>   auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
>   XKB indicators:
>     00: Caps Lock:   off    01: Num Lock:    off    02: Scroll Lock: off
>     03: Compose:     off    04: Kana:        off    05: Sleep:       off
>     06: Suspend:     off    07: Mute:        off    08: Misc:        off
>     09: Mail:        off    10: Charging:    off    11: Shift Lock:  off
>     12: Group 2:     off    13: Mouse Keys:  off
>   auto repeat delay:  600    repeat rate:  25
>   auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
>                         fadfffefffedffff
>                         9fffffffffffffff
>                         fff7ffffffffffff
>   bell percent:  50    bell pitch:  400    bell duration:  100
> Pointer Control:
>   acceleration:  2/1    threshold:  4
> Screen Saver:
>   prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
>   timeout:  0    cycle:  600
> Colors:
>   default colormap:  0x22    BlackPixel:  0x0    WhitePixel:  0xffffff
> Font Path:
>   built-ins
> DPMS (Display Power Management Signaling):
>   Standby: 0    Suspend: 0    Off: 0
>   DPMS is Enabled
>   Monitor is On
> 
> > Blockquote

mod edit for code tags

I tried grub and systemd boot boot. Nothing changed. Currently I am using grub bootloader.

I think you misunderstand this. Did you try using the kernel parameter usbcore.autosuspend=5

If you are currently using grub then the kernel parameter has to be added to the default grub command line /etc/default/grub and then run the update grub command.

If you are using systemd-boot then the kernel parameter has to be added to /etc/kernel/cmdline an then you have to reinstall the kernels.

You are just saying you tried grub and sysytemd-boot. That doesn’t tell me you tried the kernel parameter which is about usb autosuspend.

Edit: Also please use code tags around what you post from the terminal to make it easier to decipher.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.