I’m using lts (kernel 5.4) all the modules are working well.
However, any time I receive an update on the latest kernel (5.7, 5.8 and now 5.9) I switch to it to test it, but the sound didn’t work. I followed different threads for solving this issue but I didn’t manage to do it.
Now with 5.9 released, I would like to make it work and use it.
Seeing I can not make it work by myself, I would appreciate some kind of a guide to find out:
- why the sound/mic are working on 5.4
- why the sound/mic are not working on 5.9
- what I should do to make sound/mic work on 5.9 (hopefully keeping them working on 5.4, but that’s not a must)
In short on 5.9:
- builtin speakers and the headphones I insert in the 3.5 jack socket are not detected
- bluetooth headphones are detected, but only the sound is working, not the mic