Kde or xfce4

hi, im new here and new to EOs. i tried a lot of distributions based on ubuntu and some on Arch, but i dont know what distro to choose, because i want something fast, lean and modern,…if is possible… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: i have i3 4005u 4th generation, hdd,4gb ram ddr3 and 2gb AMD ati video card…i like gnome but eat 1,3 gb ram after boot, i like kde for customization, i like xfce for fast, lightweight…my laptop have a less sound, so i must choose between gnome or kde ,because they have ‘over the 100% volume amplifier’…or …if is possible to increase volume to xfce to 150%??? like in kde…what to choose; kde vs xfce or gnome??? Thank you!!! :wink: :wink:

Welcome! :smile:

For an older machine I’d recommend Xfce as it is light on resources, but still a modern, versatile and very configurable desktop.
I think that the desktop itself is not the most important thing with an OS, but the apps are. And you can run practically any app on any of the desktops.

And a great idea is to follow the EndeavourOS site news and forum, as a rolling release model sometimes has issues. These potential issues are usually very well covered here, and if not, this is a great place to ask questions in case of problems - and even if there’s no problems!

thx for reply so fast…isnt so old…2016 hp laptop…or yes??? :speak_no_evil: :see_no_evil:
so, no chances to increase the volume on xfce to 150%? :unamused:

The current Plasma is proven more lightweight than Xfce. Welcome to the community by the way.

1 Like

thx Bryanpwo :wink: :sunglasses:

It was a surprise for me as well but Plasma has really become lightweight.

Bryanpwo, if you want to have Qt and lightweight, take LXQt! You have already created the subforum. :wink:

1 Like

To be honest, I was never a fan of LXQt but recently I am learning to appreciate it more.

Bryanpwo, as the Old Fritz said: Everyone shall be blessed according to his own façon. :wink:

1 Like