Just wanted to say thank you :)

I just want to say thank you to @joekamprad for all the hard work that has gone into the EndeavourOS i3 WM. He managed to make the configuration in such a way that it enables people new to a tiling WM to easily transition from a traditional desktop environment. It is still keyboard-centric but still has the mouse functionality to fall back on as you learn the keybindings. I have learned more about linux, the terminal, file structures, and some basic scripting in the last few months than I have since I have been using linux (around two years now). I have tried at times of frustration to go back to a traditional DE and just can’t do it anymore it just doesn’t feel right. Half the time I can’t stand my windows machine at work because I keep hitting $mod+c to close a window :smile:
Diving into all the config files and seeing how they work gives you a tremendous feeling of respect for all the work that has gone into EndeavourOS i3.
Anyway since i already sound like some fan boy, thank you @joekamprad :beers:

24 Likes

hooked :rofl: me think more fish be hooked by joekamprad soon… I agree he made a wonderful i3 …

4 Likes

:fishing_pole_and_fish:
Me too, about too…

3 Likes

How do you get into the config files? I’m still looking at converting also but haven’t had the time to dig into it. Maybe over Christmas holidays.

2 Likes

they in .config/i3( on my system)

3 Likes

I agree with @Elloquin, thank you very much @joekamprad much appreciated.

2 Likes

:blush:
It is not me alone it developes by contributions from Eos-Team Eos-Community and on Top the open-source community over the net.

I am lucky to contribute something that provides a solution for the issue users have with i3.

8 Likes