Just to say hello

Hi, as an “intermediate” Linux user, I finally took the plunge and installed Endeavour. I tried a number of distros, checked out many on a live USB. I was interested and fascinated by Arch and the rolling release concept, but knew (still do) that it was far too advanced for me.

I had seen some plauditory words about Endeavour, but terms on your website like “ready to roll up your sleeves?” and “your journey” scared me off thinking it would still be far too complicated for someone like me.

But, having looked at Arco, Reborn, Manjaro, Artix, Calculate, Salient, I remained interested but not satisfied. So, finally I bit the bullet with Endeavour.

I must say, I am pleasantly surprised. The GUI is so user-friendly, the tools are amazing, and I love the fact that it is basically a bare bones installation that you can add your own app choices to. Just like what I was looking for.

OK, it is very early days still, considering I installed it 2 days ago, but still, a feeling of relaxation has come over me after a few weeks of frenetic research. Now I will get to know the community.

Many thanks for a beautiful, easy to use (so far) distro.

18 Likes

Welcome @Klaas-Vaak hope you enjoy your journey with EndeavourOS

2 Likes

A happy journey to you @Klaas-Vaak!

:enos: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

Hi!

:frog:

4 Likes

Hello @Klaas-Vaak it’s always good to read a positive experience.
Welcome aboard the friendly ship :enos: There is much more to discover, but your previous Linux experience has prepared you well for the journey that lies ahead.

3 Likes

Hi @Klaas-Vaak,

welcome :slight_smile: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! :rocketa_purple:

2 Likes

Welcome @Klaas-Vaak

2 Likes

Welcome and have fun with EneavourOS!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome aboard! I would say Endeavour is very pleasant and easy to navigate, as long as you are willing to take the controls in your hands.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

Welcome! I think you’ll continue to enjoy your choice.

1 Like

Hi Mike, thanks for your welcome. During the past few weeks I was getting a bit frantic to find the right distro for me. I had come to the conclusion that fixed release schedules were not for me as I could not accept to have to do a complete reinstall every 5 years, which in reality is 2-3 years because that is when the new and old coexist and they make you feel itchy to change.

Furthermore, I was attracted to to the extensive Arch + AUR repositories, but I also wanted a distro that would not require a huge amount of building; I do not run away from the cli, but I do want a decent GUI for most of the time. Good community support is essential too.

I finally opted for EOS, and I must say I have felt a sense of quiet in that it seems to be what I was looking for, and, although it is early days yet, I am beginning to believe your thought is working out.

Cheers for now.

Welcome @Klaas-Vaak to this really great community.

2 Likes

Je te remercie, Pierre. Oui, cette communauté a l’air très sympa.

1 Like

Yep, EnOS does not run on autopilot.

3 Likes

For me the community is just as important as the distro. There are some great distros, but their communities…

3 Likes