Just installed EndeavourOS

Just installed EndevorOS on my old dell. Very good experience in terms of responsiveness compared to Windows.
The main reason for selecting EndevorOS is the flatpak support. I installed Freedoom. Thanks Dev Team. It was an easy and smooth experience.

I only considered flavors that supported flatpak.

4 Likes

Welcome to the purple side @mogambo ! :enos:

Btw. I didn’t know that flatpak is a matter of flavor, or taste… :wink:

:v:

2 Likes

hei welcome and indeed we have no issue with flatpaks… in case you do want to keep it simple and have no special needs… they serve you very well… i do run a testinstall with GNOME and mainly test to use flatpaks for any desktop apps needed and it runs totally fine.

2 Likes

I have positive experience with both flatpak and Endevor.
I came across flatpak first trying to install Firefox on a Chromebook. Loved the concept. Fast-forward, now I have EndeavorOS.

Welcome to the purple linux :enos:

1 Like

Welcome to shiny, happy, purple people club @mogambo !

2 Likes

hello @mogambo,

welcome to the purple universe :enos_flag: :enos: :rocketa_purple: :penguin_face:

1 Like

Hello and welcome @mogambo :wave: Welcome to the purple flatpak future :enos_flag:

2 Likes

Welcome to Endeavour:wink:

Hope you enjoy your time here + flatpaks

1 Like

Hello @mogambo
:vulcan_salute:

You have complete freedom to tinker your OS as per your needs, so enjoy your journey here !

On funny note,

Mogambo is very popular character of the vintage movie of Bollywood:

1 Like

welcome to :enos: -Forum!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @mogambo :enos_flag:

1 Like

Welcome to EOS! It works great with flatpaks and the community here is really great, helpful and very knowledgeable!

2 Likes

I’m afraid I have to tell you that once you tried endeavouros it’s really hard to leave it… :wink: :star_struck:

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m sorta a new convert too, but not a distro convert. Total “abandoning Microsoft for Linux!” convert. Love this distro! Rocking GNOME Wayland. It’s great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the EndeavorOS community. I also run the distro on an older Dell desktop and everything works fine. I also use one or two flatpak programs, although I admit that I mostly install packages from the AUR if I can’t find something in the main repositories… Among the Linux distributions, the AUR probably contains the widest selection.

1 Like

Congratulations on the right choice, this is a huge success for all of us. :enos:

1 Like