Just having nose about

… I show myself out … :wink:

1 Like

I store anything I want to keep on completely separate drives from my main OS SSDs, so that I can install distros at will and have my files available regardless.

Comes in handy when I experiment and tinker with many numerous distros :smiley:

5 Likes

I actually kind of do that - I have 2TB hard drive on which I have all my games, plus folders like ~/Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc.

I can’t remember why exactly…but I think my home is still on my SSD, but in seperate partion to /.

NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda      8:0    0 232.9G  0 disk 
├─sda1   8:1    0   511M  0 part /boot/efi
├─sda2   8:2    0    50G  0 part /
└─sda3   8:3    0 182.4G  0 part /home
sdb      8:16   0   1.8T  0 disk 
└─sdb1   8:17   0   1.8T  0 part /mnt/hdd
sdc      8:32   0 223.6G  0 disk 
└─sdc1   8:33   0 223.6G  0 part /run/timeshift/backup

That’s my setup right now. It’s probably a bit complicated/messy.

Hah, well…there’s some data that really doesn’t matter if it’s online for me. I also use backup methods that encrypt my files before I upload them to the cloud. If the NSA, GHCQ, FSB or BND want my data that badly, fair play. They will probably end up with pictures of my lunch. :sandwich:

2 Likes

I am actually considering embracing this method - but maybe not on Arch or Endeavour (at least not at first). Do you use btrfs for / only, or what do you use for stuff like /home?

Yeah, it’s strange. Running Windows in a VM as well, but that doesn’t have that issue. Every other Linux distro I am trying to run on VMs has the wrong resolution.

I’m sorry, I totally forgot to check last night. I fell asleep very early, didn’t realize how tired I was.

There is two settings I always have to change, someone mentioned one, VBoxSVGA and a slider for graphics memory amount. Can’t remember the name of the slider.

1 Like

Video memory to 128MB plus tick 3D Acceleration on

2 Likes

Btrfs with separate subvolumes for root, home, swap and the pkg-cache; fully encrypted.
You can check out the Wiki for info on setting this up (“BTRFSonLUKS”).

1 Like

That sounds right, thank you kind Forum Stranger

1 Like

Welcome aboard. Endeavour isn’t as scary as it sounds (rolling Arch distro)

1 Like

Welcome to the fun :balloon: :tada:

1 Like