Joe needs a maintainer

Sad to see Joe orphaned, this is pretty much my most-used application for text editing. For those of us who grew up with Wordstar, it’s such a great command-line tool that hits that middle-ground between Vim and other more “comprehensive” editors.

I’m assuming a lack of maintainer won’t automatically result it in being purged from the AUR.

Whew. At first I thought you meant @joekamprad needs a maintainer!

Pudge

8 Likes

You could adopt it?

Correct.

1 Like

We need to fork @joekamprad ! :joy:

2 Likes

Joe is a proud independent modern Doktor… no maintenance needed :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m just reading up on what’s involved! :slight_smile: There was an adopt a package campaign a long while ago for AUR, it’s an interesting concept!

2 Likes

That would be good - it’s better for packages to be maintained by people who use them.

1 Like

Since it was just created yesterday, I am guessing this was dropped to AUR from the repos. In this case, there is a high likelihood someone will adopt it.

EDIT: The commit message from yesterday is “Dropped from the repos” so I suppose it isn’t a guess anymore.

3 Likes

The last release for the package was more than 3 years back. That may have been the reason behind this package being removed from repo.

A huge thanks to @dalto for picking up this package. It’s deeply appreciated and a huge relief to know Joe is being cared for. :smiley:

2 Likes