Jami-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libfmt.so.9

Hi,

I’ve just installed jami-qt from community repository (together with jami-daemon).
And I get this error:

jami-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libfmt.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In /lib I found libfmt.so.8 but not the version 9.
In fact I had the fmt available from the community repository, which is 8.
So, I installed version 9 from the AUR, fmt-git (and I removed fmt since they are in conflict). And now I have:

jami-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libfmt.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

:man_shrugging:
No idea what is the problem here.
I’m on i3wm.
Thank you.

31 aur/fmt-git 9.0.0.r23.g81f1cc74-1 (+10 0.00)
    Open-source formatting library for C++

Might do it???

Can’t install here, clashes with waybar :frowning:

Hi,
Yes this is what I did, I installed fmt-git so that I could have the version 9.
But now I have the error saying that it cannot open libmt.so.8 (the version 8!):

jami-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libfmt.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So, I’m wondering if the problem wouldn’t be related something else than the version of fmt (but no idea what).

I did a test install and I can confirm the issue on my end as well.

Perhaps you could consider filing a bug report?

Also, there is:

https://flathub.org/apps/details/net.jami.Jami

OK, I will try that.
By the way, I also tried to install jami-qt-git from AUR, but the build aborted. Here is the end of the build:

In file included from …/include/opendht/dht.h:23,
from dht.cpp:20:
…/include/opendht/infohash.h:24:10: fatal error: msgpack.hpp: No such file or directory
24 | #include <msgpack.hpp>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:670: libopendht_la-dht.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/alex/.cache/yay/jami-daemon-git/src/ring-daemon/contrib/native/opendht/src’
make[1]: *** [Makefile:518: install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/alex/.cache/yay/jami-daemon-git/src/ring-daemon/contrib/native/opendht’
make: *** [/home/alex/.cache/yay/jami-daemon-git/src/ring-daemon/contrib/src/opendht/rules.mak:46: .opendht] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting…
→ error making: jami-daemon-git

Had same issue . Did updates yesterday Sept/1/2022 and now working . Although I believe updates fixed it , I did install some other apps and may be what fixed it . Not sure exactly . Community version is what I’m using .
Will check in throughout the day to see if others have had the same great results as I have . JAMI NOW WORKING . I did install a couple dependences but not sure if they were required or not , as Jami still diden’t work till lastest updates .
Please report back on your results !

Hi,

Yes I confirm, Jami is now working!
It seems they fixed the package:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.