It's no longer EndeavourOS!

So… Is it really Linux? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I thought it was Linux? Maybe it’s Linuxeos! It’s a high end version of Linux. :laughing:

Edit: Linuxeos = Luxurious

4 Likes

I do not fully understand the suggestion.

The os-prober has many ways of showing its power, again… :frowning:

But if you don’t want to see so many linux words in a row, here’s what you can do about it.
Run the following command (if multi-booting, run in all EndeavourOS installs):

sudo pacman -S grub-tools eos-hooks grub

and run it last in the OS that controls booting.

Then reboot.

1 Like

Personally, I like having Linux in my Linux… :wink: It’s staying the way it is here! :laughing:

3 Likes

I get more power by having MORE Linux! :laughing:

1 Like

Here it is - my obligatory comment about rEFInd users not having to deal with these things… :grin:

2 Likes

Will this have any change if using rEFInd? I have triple boot with rEFInd but i use grubx64.efi to boot not the linuz-linux image.

Edit: Also i don’t have os-prober installed on each so that it doesn’t add entries to grub in each. I use rEFInd to load each which then boots from the grubx64.efi.

1 Like

If you ditch package os-prober, then the problems that grub is often blamed for, will reduce radically.

In grub, it is very easy to manually write menu entries for other installs in multi-boot environment.

Aren’t you manually writing about the same with rEFInd? :sweat_smile:

No, as far as I know. Note that I’m not using rEFInd… :wink:

Okay so i checked all of my installs on rEFInd and grub say’s EndeavourOS on Linux. I ran the command and reinstalled just to see and it doesn’t reinstall os-prober so I’m golden. I don’t have those issues. Thanks to @freebird54 for getting me onto rEFind! and Thank You @manuel for always checking into these things. rEFInd is awesome as far as I’m concerned.

Edit: BTW I like having EndeavourOS on my Linux! :wink:

1 Like

EndeavourOS: 99% Arch, 500% Linux.

3 Likes

100% EndeavourOS 99.9% Arch 500% Linux :wink:

That would mean… that Arch is between 500.5% and 505% Linux… :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess it all depends on how you swallow it. Some people like 99% ketchup and 1% fries! :rofl:

Edit: It’s all Linux so i guess that’s why it’s Linux Linux!

2 Likes

we could use systemd-boot b.t.w. :wink:

1 Like

I’d be happy to use something other than GRUB… if something else allowed booting into BTRFS snapshots, I find it extremely useful. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Actually, not often. If I want some extra command line entry (nowatchdog, perhaps) then I add it - but otherwise workable is auto-generated. It is not all that unusual to use rEFInd to boot grub, actually - if grub is providing an extra service (like booting in to snapshots for instance). Of course, step one is ditching os-prober! As you mention, a huge percentage of grub errors are actually from that…

eos-glass
simple solution… use systemd-boot:
2021-02-20_19-24

1 Like

Perfectly good solution, for ONE distro on the box in question. In fact, I understand that rEFInd uses the same mechanisms (and looks a bit better, if that matters). I would also miss the ‘single user target’ boot mode for “those” times…

1 Like