Issues with creating a dual boot with artemis

Well, this was an unexpected and unfortunate turn of events.
I have to admit that I don’t know what the issue might be.
Please wait some more for input from other users.

In that case, when you get your live usb going again, in the installer pick /dev/sdb and use the erase and install option. The installer would take care of partitioning, flagging the partitions and installing the system and the bootloader.

This is the problem with CSM not being disabled. Some systems will install in MBR mode and the problem is users don’t seem to know the difference. When booting on the live ISO it is a totally different looking screen if it boots in UEFI compared to Bios.

Yes, I did notice the differing screens and was a little confused, however the sudden inability to run just by disabling CSM I do not understand

okay, it works now
is the install meant to be on default settings? (no swap, extra)

That would most likely be because the install is in dos mode. On a UEFI system the CSM setting is there to be able to boot on legacy.

recreating the usb as uefi only rather than uefi/CSM did the trick

Ive never created the live usb other than UEFI. It boots on both UEFI or Bios. I’m not sure even how that is done other than creating it on a system that is only Bios? :thinking:

it was a setting available on rufus

1 Like

Ya i don’t use rufus for this reason also. I have always used etcher and then switched to popsicle on EOS.

I’m not sure why this didn’t work the first time, but I’m glad it functions now

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.