Issues compiling an Adapta GTK theme

Hello, everybody - like a couple of others on here, I recently switched to Endeavour from Manjaro (and have been loving it so far). Endeavour’s default theming is beautiful, but unfortunately clashes with my primary wallpaper, so I went about trying to find the themes I used on my Manjaro install. Papirus-Maia icons were available in the AUR, and after a bit I found the GTK theme too - Adapta-Maia-Theme (which looks to be almost identical to Manjaro’s package).

When compiling Adapta-Maia-Theme, however, I ran into make errors that I don’t know how to diagnose. This is likely me overlooking something small, but I’m not intimately familiar with make and couldn’t figure out anything to go off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

log-ish
Rendering ../assets-gtk3/checkbox-mixed-solid-insensitive-dark@2.png
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1042: all] Error 9
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/pakku-teal/adapta-maia-theme/src/adapta-maia-theme-3.94.0.149/gtk'
make: *** [Makefile:369: all-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package_adapta-maia-theme().
    Aborting...
error: failed to build 'adapta-maia-theme'
:: Build failed, retry? [y/e/N/?]

Seems broken. You should probably report it to the AUR maintainer.

Also…welcome!

1 Like

I trust in dalto’s assessment of the package being broken, I think reporting it is the best way to go.

Aside from that, welcome to the community :beers:

I needed to shift to materiav2-gtk-theme due to issues with adapta, and got used to it, but Nice Micro (youtube) has a version of adapta in the AUR … https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/adapta-gtk-theme-colorpack-joshaby-git/

Looks like it. I was hoping to figure out what’s wrong and fix it, but the adapta-gtk-theme-colorpack @anon96036739 mentioned has a teal theme that seems identical to maia, so might as well use that.

Thanks!

2 Likes